Cerner's Care Management offering is designed to help clients understand their populations, engage them in a meaningful way, and manage their health to improve quality of life. Cerner is currently looking for a Senior Care Manager Registered Nurse in the Kansas City, MO area.
As a Senior Care Manager Registered Nurse you will identify complex, high-risk, and rising risk patients and proactively manage their care.
This includes providing a patient-centered, interdisciplinary approach to health care and care coordination using comprehensive, evidence-based care plans developed with the patient/care giver and with support of the provider.
You will screen and assess patients to support development of personalized condition-specific action plans and provide appropriate education when needed.
The Senior Care Manager Registered Nurse will also define, evaluate, and report on patient health outcomes and manage key programs or projects, such as operational or clinical reporting, policy management, or audit preparation.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of work experience in a clinical or health-related field
- At least 3 years of Care Management and/or chronic disease management experience
- At least 2 year of Medicare work experience
- National Society of Health Coaches Certification or willingness to obtain within first year of employment
- Must be willing to work on a flexible schedule, overtime or irregular hours when needed
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform otherresponsibilities as assigned
- Must live in or near the Kansas City, MO area.