Job ID: 20849
Sr. Capture Manager: accountable for capture leadership of an assigned portfolio of opportunities. Identifies targets of opportunity; qualifies identified opportunities; develops Capture and Win Strategy for qualified opportunities approved by Executive leadership. Leads large, complex, strategic and high dollar value capture efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts, or task order business. Acts on behalf of the executive sponsor for the opportunity. Accountable to shape and win opportunities through balanced focus on customer, competitive environment, and SGT’s best interests. The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished business developer who understands project management, contracts, and proposal development, and thrives in an environment where they are responsible to manage and execute the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. Must be familiar with customer terminology, policies, organizational structure, and technical environment.
- Leads major capture efforts (especially those greater than $100M) to successful completion
- Performs opportunity analyses, and interfaces with SGT leadership and organizations to ensure timely delivery of winning proposals.
- Develops capture and win strategies including business solution for pursuit
- Performs market and economic analyses
- Designs and executes formal capture plans
- Monitors competitor activity
- Executes customer call plans to qualify and assess the “win-ability” of new opportunities, and to shape acquisitions
- Leads and coordinates competitive assessments—determines the strengths and weaknesses of SGT team and potential competitors
- Evaluates potential teammates to ensure complete coverage of all opportunity requirements, and coordinates teaming activities and decisions
- Identifies resources required to pursue a bid, and guides bid and proposal activities
- Leads development of customer profiles—including customer needs, issues, hopes, and biases
- Regularly interacts with all levels of management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers
- Prepares pipeline plans
- Provides input to Business Unit plans and artifacts.
- Mentors business development managers, program managers, and other SGT employees to prepare them for customer engagement activities.
- Ensures development of solutions that offer competitive distinction and readily executable approaches
- Prepare and lead Step Reviews
- Develop B&P spend plans and track all associated expenses
- Solicit and glean advanced knowledge of pending discipline needs, current systems, future requirements, and organizations to position SGT for pursuit of new contracts and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Business Administration or one of the Sciences (Master’s degreepreferred); minimum of 15 years Business Development, Capture, or Operations experience including a minimum of five years supervisory/management experience
- Successful track record of account planning and significant (>$200M) capture
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners
- Aptitude for milestone-based capture process
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes.
- Deep understanding of pricing, baseline pricing strategies, and the evolution of pricing strategies into business strategies that are competitive and compelling for the customer
- Knowledge of and strong contacts within the relevant customer and technical community to facilitate strategic teaming relationships
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers across the company.
- Stature and leadership style to immediately earn the respect of the company's operational and enabling organization leadership teams to include highly effective communication skills with all levels of management
- Previous P&L experience a plus
- Security: Applicants selected may be subject to a Government securityinvestigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.