Odyssey is seeking a Capture Manager to focus on Navy program growth and capture initiatives. The prime responsibility will be the capture of strategic new business programs for Navy Programs, including programs under the SeaPort NxG contract and/or other markets as identified or assigned. Duties include providing input to the Corporate Strategic Plan, then identifying and pursuing business opportunities and strategies that fulfill the Corporate Strategic vision while executing the Plan. Duties may include management and facilitation of a multi-disciplined team comprised of Odyssey employees from various sites around the CONUS, as well as Odyssey subcontractors that may be comprised of large and small businesses. The Sr. Capture Manager will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties and responsibilities include:
but not limited to:
- Leadership and execution for the success of all assigned Capture efforts. Duties include:
- Identify and evaluate desirable programs for the corporate funnel and pipeline
- Gather, assesses, and validate customer requirements. Identify customer needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Translate requirements into a winning strategy, advance strategy with a strong value proposition and differentiate bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Support the proposal development process by providing necessary "Capture Artifacts" to the proposal team and participate in the Kickoff/Pink/Red Team Reviews
- Define or oversee conceptual solution and strategies for winning each opportunity including the initial Theming/Storyboarding efforts and transition the capture artifacts to the assigned proposal team.
- Develop, document and execute the Capture Management Plan and associated strategies for each capture program including:
- Conduct requirement analysis
- Conduct the Competitive Analysis
- Conduct "gap analysis" effort for Capture Programs
- Conduct Prime vs Sub analysis
- Develop Call Plan and the other components of a successful capture program
- Develop Client Hot Buttons
- Conduct timely reviews of programs in the Capture Phase including Stage 0, 1 and 2 reviews to company management
- Analyze Post Award feedback and recommend improvements to the Capture Process
- Assist in the maintenance of the Corporate BD Repository
- Develop and document customer profiles
- Significantly contribute to meeting or exceeding the annual sales and profitability goals as established by the Company.
The Senior Capture Manager will help refine the core corporate capture process and will institutionalize that capability throughout the company, in collaboration with other Business Development personnel and Operational Managers. As a result, all aspects of the capture process and resulting efforts are expected to be of superior quality, and directly contributing to the top-line growth of the company.
- Working knowledge of the Department of Navy and its major components including, but not limited to Naval Air Command (NAVAIR) and/or Naval Sea Command (NAVSEA) and/or Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWARSYSCOM)
- Familiarity with Navy systems development and acquisition processes
- Familiarity with major Navy acquisition vehicles like SeaPort but also other vehicles
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Technical Discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- Previous senior management experience in the delivery of technical and management services.
- 10 years of comparable experience.
- Exceptional ability to comprehend and respond to RFIs and RFPs
- Previous successful business development experience to include supporting and writing major proposals.
- Capability to work effectively with a broad range of people with a wide variety of technical skills and experience.
- Ability to react quickly in a rapidly changing environment, motivate and manage team and supporting staff.
- Ability to assess and develop strategic plans and energize others to achieve related goals.
- Minimum Secret level clearance required.
- Planning, Organizing, Directing and Controlling
- Communication: Writing, Speaking, and Interpersonal
- Customer Relations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
The Senior Capture Manager will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Meeting or exceeding the Corporate strategic nonfinancial objectives
- Meeting or exceeding Corporate strategic financial goals – top-line
- Meeting or exceeding Personal Goals.
- Compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Effective Management of the Company's Opportunity Funnel and Pipeline.
- Completion of all pursuits within established deadlines
Flexible based successful candidate locality. Possible locations include:
- Patuxent River, Maryland
- San Diego, California
- Washington DC
- Dahlgren, Virginia