Senior Capital Markets Analyst
Purpose of Job
Leads optimization of USAA's capital and liquidity by managing access to capital market transactions. Leads the underwriting process to select and price assets for securitization, assess risk and model securitization cash flows. Negotiates price, terms and conditions of transactions and oversees documentation efforts with external parties including regulators, bankers, attorneys, auditors, investors, and internal contributors. Directs work efforts to reduce risk and maintain debt covenants, restrictions, and reporting requirements. Leads ratings and regulatory compliance processes for debt and securitization issuances. Identifies and recommends appropriate risk mitigation and strategic and operational efforts. Support external banking and investor relationships throughout USAA.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Capital Markets Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Appliescapital markets knowledge leading cross-functional teams to engineer capital strategies and achieve optimal results raising liquidity.
- Provides leadership and advice to senior management in designing capital markets strategies.
- Acts as primary point of contact for capital transactions, transaction negotiator with external parties.
- Lead and directs documentation, memorandum, investorreporting, and regulatory filings.
- Directs work efforts to comply with debt covenants and regulatory filings.
- Leads the debt ratings, risk evaluation, and due diligence processes.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate risk mitigation efforts and structuring proposals to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree (or 4 years of directly related work experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree)
- 6+ years related experience in Finance, Risk Management, Treasury, Capital and Liquidity Management and/or Accounting
- Proven ability to effectively influence and build cross functional relationships with employees of various levels throughout the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create and present executive level presentations.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external partners.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, or a directly related field
- 6+ years relationship banking, capital management, capital markets, or related work experience
- Working knowledge of Regulation AB
- Ability to lead conversations with external parties including regulatory bodies, rating agencies, attorneys, bankers, auditors, investors, and internal business and operational teams
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to senior management.
- Domestic and international travel may be required
- Direct experience of deal structures of capital markets or securitization transactions
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and applicable systems
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Job Number: R0013918