Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Capital Markets Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
The Senior Capital Strategy Advisor supports, identifies, develops and communicates capital strategies across multiple lines of businesses and staff areas utilizing knowledge of the industry, USAA, regulatory requirements, risk management and financial planning. This role serves as an advisor on complex capital and financial processes and may lead cross-functional teams in strategy development and implementation of business solutions. In addition, the Senior Capital Strategy Advisor creates and implements strategies that ensure USAA's ongoing financial strength utilizing strong general knowledge of the banking and insurance industry. This will include independently assessing and communicating the impact of regulatory capital rules.
USAA continuously seeks talented personnel for future opportunities. This sourcing requisition (R0012034) is designed for individuals with recent experience as a Senior Capital Markets Analyst who are interested in career opportunities within USAA. Applying to this sourcing requisition indicates that you have an interest in those future career opportunities and does NOT constitute an actual application to a specific position. When selected positions for Senior Capital Markets Analyst are added to our career website, highly qualified candidates will be notified via email and asked to apply to those specific positions if you are interested in the opportunity. Again, this sourcing requisition is not for a specific position. It is designed for candidates interested in future opportunities and allows USAA to keep you apprised of those new opportunities.
We recommend you also continue to monitor the USAA careers website for specific opportunities and join a talent network.
- Measures, monitors and assesses capital adequacy across the enterprise including insurance, investment and banking subsidiaries. Maintains and develops policies and robust capital plans.
- Conducts balance sheet analysis connecting capital, liquidity and investment strategies. Responsible for efficient deployment of USAA's capital across the enterprise to meet multiple regulatory, rating agency and internal management objectives.
- Key contributor in the design, implementation and oversight of USAA's capital management program including related metrics, analysis, planning and reporting. Appropriately represents Treasury when collaborating with line of business Finance Managers, Senior Financial Officers, Financial Planning & Analysis, External Reporting, Project Management, General Counsel and Risk Management.
- Advises business unit leaders on risk management issues. Provides input in the development of risk and position limits for various lines of business and on aggregate risk levels. Generates recurring reports for certain Finance and Risk Committees providing analysis and recommendations if tolerance is exceeded.
- Assists in capital planning processes by forecasting capital requirements for the firm and its subsidiaries under different financial scenarios, fluctuating market conditions, and changes in regulatory or other requirements. Manages all capital management-related documentation (including plan, policy, and procedures) for bank and holding company processes.
- Identifies, analyzes, implements and communicates to senior management capital implications related to existing and proposed regulations pertaining to Basel III, Federal Reserve, FDIC, Texas Department of Insurance, OCC and other regulatory authorities.
- Independently identifies strategies, seeks management support and proactively initiates solutions across the enterprise. Routinely drives and identifies best-in-class results by monitoring external (regulatory) expectations and industry trends.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or six years of directly related work experience (in lieu of a degree).
- 6 years of related experience in Risk, Treasury, Capital Management, Finance and/or Accounting
- Masters of Finance degree (MSF), Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree.
- Experience in Risk, Treasury, Capital Management, Finance and/or Accounting specific to the banking or insurance industry
- Strong understanding of capital metrics and experience pertaining to regulatory requirements (e.g., Dodd-Frank Act Stress Test, Own Risk Solvency Assessment, Capital Plan and Capital Policy)
- Experience conducting complex financial analysis utilizing Excel
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or current CFA candidate
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Job Number: R0012034