Supporting the Operations and Joint Interest Groups, the primary functions of the Senior Capital Accrual Analyst include, but are not limited to periodic reviews of actual spend and accruals, tracking against AFE, corporate capital planning support, multi-basin Operations accrual expert, and mentor to team.
Salary and level will be commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and compile capital accrual numbers for Operated Drilling, Completions, Facilities in addition to Capital and LOE accruals for Non-Operated, providing detailed feedback on incremental activity and variances; Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual slide decks with performance and status reports for business meetings with executive management
- Clear understanding of Operated Drilling, Completions, and Facilities processes and functions; Understands Non-Operated, Planning, and other organizational goals and objectives
- Maintain accuracy by periodic review and update of capital planning inputs for Operated Drilling, Completions, and Facilities to ensure team is using most accurate and up-to-date information
- Train, coach, and mentor other team members on use of capital accrual information and analysis to enhance project activities, clarify expectations, and achieve goals/timelines
- Identify and recommend ways to leverage capital accrual data, enhance collection and analysis, and review presentation methods
- Ensure quality data by reviewing and/or correcting daily reports with help of techs/engineers/wellsite supervisors; manage database of financial information and continuously improve gathering and analytics
- Use of Enertia and/or other invoicing software, to be able to pull data regularly for analysis and corrections as needed; invoice reconciliation and documentation of changes after review with operations engineers/managers
- Schedule capital on a well by well basis for corporate budget; populate actual capital expenditures on existing wells and projected capital expenditures for planned wells
- Prepare and continuously improve databases & workbooks for reporting and analysis of all important operational data for Oasis and suppliers
- Monthly review and tracking of Non-Operated JIB statements, collaborating with JIG group/accounting to reconcile any discrepancies
- Partner with IT department to ensure continuous improvement of capital accrual process
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Four (4) yearBachelorDegree or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Excel formulas, pivot tables & charting functions
- Ability to work with others (engineers, accountants, techs) on a regular basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline, Accounting or related field
- Seven (7) years of experience working with upstream industry
- Three (3) years of experience using software (Enertia, OpenWells)