At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ offers competitive wages and benefits along with training, apprenticeships and development programs to help you accomplish your professional objectives. We encourage our employees to continue their education by providing tuition reimbursement and training opportunities. And our open door policy fosters a culture of open communication that allows every employee to have a voice in the company. It's how the best ideas come to light—and why the best people choose to work at EVRAZ.
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are currently accepting applications from experienced candidates for immediate placement as a Senior CAPEX Manager in our Chicago headquarters. The successful candidate will provide both strategic and operational procurement support for EVRAZ's CAPEX projects through driving excellence in contract lifecycle management, vendor engagement and procurement activities for large investment projects. The Senior CAPEX Manager will serve as a liaison between the Purchasing organization, vendors, projects teams and senior leadership to ensure timely and complete equipment /component / materials deliveries to support successful execution of projects and meeting quality, budget and schedule requirements.
- Travel to business partner sites to provide support and manage staff at least 50% required
- Develop, manage and execute overall contracting/procurement strategy for CAPEX projects with the objective of minimizing project risks while meeting cost/schedule/quality requirements
- Manage contracting/procurement activities on CAPEX projects and provide adequate support to projects teams throughout various stages of the project lifecycle to support successful execution of CAPEX projects (vendor qualifications, RFQ process, negotiations, vendor selection, and contract administration)
- Build relationships with EVRAZ's internal teams to ensure appropriate involvement of the purchasing function at the earliest stage of the process to define the best procurement strategies in order to reduce cost and ensure timely completion of assigned projects
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships at a strategic level to ensure project requirements are met by developing proper vendor evaluation, qualification, and deliverables
- Manage interactions between project teams, vendors, purchasing organization, extended support functions and senior leadership to support project procurement and contracting needs while optimizing cost, cash flow, quality and service.
- Lead commercial negotiations for CAPEX projects and work with the legal team to formalize the final contracts with vendors
- Oversee delivery of equipment and materials to the project site, including monitoring of compliance with terms and conditions as well as conformity of deliveries to ensure timely and complete deliveries
- Effectively engage internal and external stakeholders to ensure the comprehensive and well thought-out approach to contracting for each large CAPEX project
- Responsible for development and implementation of contracting and procurement best practices across all large CAPEX projects, including vendor qualification, RFQ process, negotiations, contract development and administration
- Manage all CAPEX project procurement staff across the organization and ensure that company's strategic objectives are met
- Provide feedback and training through our corporate human resource systems to ensure employees are recognized for their contributions to the team on a quarterly basis
- Ensure compliance of contracting and procurement operations with all EVRAZ's policies and procedures
- BA/BS degree in Operations, Business Administration, Engineering or related field
- Certification in Project Management is preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a purchasing function in heavy manufacturing & multi-tasking environment
- Proven experience of successful execution of procurement activities for CAPEX projects in a global environment
- Ability to multi-task various projects and provide feedback to respective internal stake holders as needed
- Extensive experience in successfully leading and conducting the negotiation of contracts across technical, commercial and legal areas
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholder in high pace and high pressure environment
- Excellent negotiations and communications skills with ability to persuade and influence
- Proven track record of consistent performance and delivery
- Well versed with Best Management Practices of Purchasing, including negotiating, contracting and supplier management
- Experience with ERP & Oracle Financial systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office