Additional Position Information
The Central Pennsylvania Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society seeks a Sr. Campaign Manager to oversee their Light The Night campaign. Light The Night is a 2 1/2 mile walk to commemorate and celebrate lives touched by blood cancers.
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Oversee all aspects of Light The Night Walk.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for Light The Night, including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Light The Night, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Ensure revenue goals are met by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and event participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the Light The Night walks, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage them in Light The Night.
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Managers, Specialist, and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and efforts, as well as provide input for hiring, promotion, performance, termination of those supervised.
- Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for Light The Night.
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience
- Previous experience as a Campaign Manager
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in nonprofit and volunteer management, with an emphasis on proven fundraising results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer development and cultivation.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Highly organized and professional.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.