Light is pioneering the era of the software-defined camera. Powered by sophisticated computational processes, software-defined cameras deliver intelligent, high-quality imaging at cost-effective, global scale. Light’s first product, the award-winning L16 Camera, has eliminated the quality or convenience dilemma that has plagued photographers for a century. Light’s foundational technologies, including its Lux Capacitor camera control chip and its Polar Fusion Engine for multi-image processing, are licensed for use in applications like smartphones and beyond. To learn more about Light, visit light.co.
The Image Quality Engineering group is responsible for all optics, sensor, ISP tuning and testing for Light products. As a Senior Camera Characterization Engineer, you will get to apply the full range of your expertise as we build a new kind of computational camera technology.
We are looking for innovative technologists who enjoycollaborating withan interdisciplinary team. This is your opportunity to become a recognized expert in this state-of-the-art technology. Your contribution to the growth of the company will be immediately visible and appropriately rewarded.
what you will do...
- lead projects related to full camera system characterization methodology and instrumentation
- perform comprehensive optical, image sensor and image quality characterization
- perform camera hardware (optics, sensors, VCM, modules) characterization
- perform ISP characterization for different configuration of products
- collaborate with other engineering teams to identify, drive, and validate image quality improvements in the hardware and software
- evaluate image capturing performance at development stage and drive test requirements, specs and limits
what you bring to Light...
- ability to perform comprehensive optical, image sensor and image quality characterization
- thorough understanding of ISP
- experience with building and launching consumer electronics products.
- systematic debug skills are required.
- proficiency in general purpose computation software: Matlab, Python, C/C++ etc.
- demonstrated ability to work independently
- English language proficiency with excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- proficiency in Zemax, CodeV, etc - preferred
- working knowledge of opto-mechanics - preferred