You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you - it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
Nikola Motor is looking for a highly motivated Senior CAE NVH Engineer to add to our growing team in the Phoenix, Arizona. This person will use CAE tools to improve passenger experience when it comes to noise and vibration across battery-electric and fuel-cell programs and provide feedback to design teams. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the design of first-generation battery-electric and hydrogen fuel-cell trucks.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop well-correlated CAE NVH models (FEM/BEM/SEA) of the whole vehicle and vehicle subsystems such as frame, chassis, powertrain, body-in-white (BIW), cabin-in-white (CIW), for NVH (noise, vibration, harshness)
- Vibro-Acoustic Model development and analysis of full vehicle system and subsystems to meet functional targets (NTF, VTF, A/F, P/F, TPA)
- Discuss findings and analysis results with system and component release teams and develop recovery plans for improvement
- Participate in vehicle rides and evaluations to enhance the correlation between prediction models and vehicle test results and provide desired improvements to management
- Provide documentation and negotiate countermeasure implementation
- Create optimization strategies suitable for NVH performance to ensure the optimal delivery of the required performance attributes.
- Master’s degree (in mechanical, acoustics, structural, aerospace, or related engineering discipline) and 6 years of work experience, or Ph.D. in a similar field and 3 years of work experience.
- 5 years of experience in commercially available FEM and SEA Simulation tools for CAE model development and solvers (Hypermesh, Nastran, Abaqus, Optistruct).
- 3 years of experience in Full Vehicle NVH analysis in the automotive industry.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental vibration and acoustics theory.
- Knowledge and experience in acoustics are a plus, e.g., fan noise, wind noise, and tire noise.
- Knowledge of finite element analysis applicable to the whole vehicle or BIW for sound and vibration load cases.
- Familiarity with CAD tools, CATIA preferred.
- Proven experience in product development in Class 8 Heavy trucks is preferred.