TranSystems seeks a Senior Designer/CADD Technician with experience preparing contract documents for various roadway and transportation projects. Experienced person should be able to perform non-routine and complex drafting assignments that require the application of standardized drawing assignments and the application of standardized drawing techniques.
- 10-15years of engineering drafting using MicroStation
- Ability to handle multiple, demanding, and complex projects in a timely manner with accurate results.
- Experience developing design elements for roadway and/or transportation projects
- Working with and coordinating work through multiple offices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiar with local client work space and specifications (FDOT, FL Turnpike, etc)
- Technical Training or Bachelordegree in related field is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with GeoPak Corridor Modeler and 3D modeling is preferred
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates computer-aided design (Microstation, GeoPak) system and peripheral equipment to resize or modify integrated circuit designs (artwork).
- Oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design.
- Utilize diversified design experience to work on complex, concurrent projects.
- Assess the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks, and work with a Project Manager to determine scope of work, budget, and staffing.
- Assists in maintaining efficient daily operations by resolving problems of otheroperators and handling difficult operating tasks.
- Analyze incoming material and develop drafting methods for most efficient production.
- Coordinate with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assist in the education and development of design staff and act as resource for design questions.
- Confers with engineering and design staff to determine design modifications and enters editing information into computer.
- Calculates figures to convert design dimensions to resizing dimensions specified for subsequent production processes.
- Applies specified information to produce graphic representation (hard copy) of design for review and approval by engineering and design staff.
- Works from sketches, notes, and other input material to produce computer generated graphs, charts, overlays, and completed drawings.
- Follows company standard AutoCAD/Microstation procedures for layering and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout. Suggest improvements to standard procedures.
TranSystems Corporation - TransportationInfrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.