Summary: This is senior level CAD position providing assistance to engineering and design staff. The position requires 10 + years’ experience and a strong understanding of drafting practices and drawing presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, assist in the preparation of engineering drawings and 3D models based off verbal or written instructions, sketches or 3D models.
- Perform basic calculations to support drawing layouts.
- Revise drawings.
- Identify and resolve routine problems and refer more complex issues to higher levels.
- Complete observations and testing of product as described and present data and findings in agreed upon formats.
- Work with other departments and suppliers to provide technical support in areas of part design, material selection, processing, manufacturing or tooling concerns.
- Guide or mentor less experienced technician’s if needed.
- Must have a diploma, certificate specializing in CAD, or Associate degree in drafting, engineering technology or equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with at least one 3D CAD system, preferably Pro-e (Creo) or Solid Works.
- Essential knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understand elementary algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Use sound and accurate judgment: includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Well-organized use of time and can complete work in a timely manner.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be able to work well with other team members, react well under pressure and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Understanding with manufacturing processes such as injection molding and metal stamping a plus.
- Knowledge of injection and blow mold design is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from college or technical school; 10 + years’ experience in a product development environment
Job Type: Full-time
- CAD design for consumer goods industry: 2 years
- injection molding: 2 years
- Solidworks or Pro-E Creo: 10 years