Senior CAD Services Lead
This position reports directly to the Global Facilities Information (GFIM) lead on a prominent Life Sciences Bio-Pharma account as part of JLL's Integrated Facility Management (IFM) and Integrated Portfolio Services (IPS) service model.
GFIM is our client's program of service that governs the drafting, issuance, revision control, and archival of master facilities, systems, real estate, and project drawings & associated data. As such this position is not a traditional CAD Manager or CAFM Manager role.
The Senior CAD Services lead role will oversee client site and discipline specific drawing management roles and activities while complementing and coordinating with a Senior IWMS lead role for service delivery of other GFIM program activities.
This position supports our client's Global Workplace and Enterprise Services, including Global Real Estate, and Manufacturing Division organizations with a major focus in the Americas and specifically the northeast region of the US.
The CAD Services and IWMS Support provided to the client as part of GFIM rolls-up to corporate JLL ownership of these functions as part of Corporate Solutions supporting Life Sciences and our other industry verticals.
To execute defined GFIM Playbooks for our scope of work activities at all client sites, along a transformation continuum, managing towards improved metrics and KPI's of site scorecards to drive client and JLL goals.
To actively manage JLL CAD Services as part of the clients GFIM program moving to a defined future state by completing the Stabilization phase and continuing to Standardize while assisting with defining of the program's Innovation phase.
To functionally and organizationally manage a group of JLL CAD Analysts supporting our client service level agreement and to continuously improve the GFIM program.
Roles & Responsibilities
Take ownership and accountability for the People, Process, and Technology components of the JLL CAD Services transformation and service delivery furthering and refining all site Drawing Management activities as part of the client Master Drawing Lifecycle.
Continuously improve process execution and efficiency, reduce waste, and increase the value-proposition of the JLL team managing the end-to-end Drawing and Information Request, Project Turnover Compliance, and related processes.
Support all client needs, including but not limited to, Facility Management, Site Operations, Real Estate Services, Maintenance & Utilities, Reliability, Manufacturing, Safety, and Quality.
Provide multi-site and multi-disciplinary guidance for management of all engineering drawing types as defined by client site SOPs, SBPs, and CAD guidelines through use of various engineering and facility information systems:
- Maintain all Master and Project facility drawing types including but not limited to Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Hvac, Mechanical Process/Utility Piping & Plumbing
- Maintain as-built Master Floor Plans and Furniture plans for all buildings as a deliverable to the GFIM team responsible for our client's IWMS business processes owned by others
- Manage drawings and engineering documentation in & out of client Engineering Information Center and Facility Document Centers
- Maintain and update client-owned and JLL-owned drawing SOPs, SBPs, and CAD Guidelines as required following National CAD Standards & AIA Guidelines
- Coordinate with internal and external partners, vendors, and design firms to ensure Request Process and Project Turnover Compliance adherence to procedure
·Provide high level of support expertise for client-owned EDMS, IWMS and JLL-owned CMMS systems ensuring consistency of drawings, data, and records management
·Provide local system administration duties for all CAD platform tools managing proper configurations, user settings, drawing document attributes, and parent/child relationships
JLL and Client Support
Support all JLL service lines requiring drawing and data management including Facility Management, Project Development Services, Occupancy Planning, Transactions, and Lease Administration as part of the IFM and IPS services:
- Support JLL scope work and client functions at all "Commercial" Sites:
- Management for all Drawing Types required for client-owned Office and Mixed use sites for required drawings as needed
- Manage single-source Master Floor Plans for client IWMS system to support OP, MAC, and Space Data Management (SDM) processes owned by other GFIM teams
- Support JLL scope work and client functions at all "Technical" Sites:
- Management for all Drawing Types required for office building noted above plus those required for Manufacturing, Lab, and/or Mixed-Use facilities
- Manage revision-control of mechanical process/utility plans & schematics including to support FM for work orders, PDS for projects, and Reliability maintenance issues including those for GxP and non-GxP systems
People Management & Team Development
Be capable, responsible, and accountable to drive organizational change and development in pursuit of JLL and client goals in the following manner:
- Drive and arrive at consensus working with project teams, cross-functional initiatives, and with client leads as part of change management and program communications
- Report out on JLL CAD team effectiveness, productivity and efficiencies as part of the newly defined disciplined-based staffing model
- Mentor subordinate JLL CAD Leads and Senior/CAD Analysts and Administrators to drive change and build relationships with other JLL and client leads
- Manage individual workload plus be responsible for collaborating with a team of other disciplines, functions, or business areas
- Foster critical relationships between various JLL and client individuals and organizations to ensure communications channels are open at all times
Education / Years of Experience / Hard & Soft Skills
- Bachelors or Graduate Degree in one of the disciplines:
- Engineering, Facilities, or Information Technology (Interior Design not acceptable)
- Ten years or more in related field of Engineering, Facilities or Information Technology with demonstrated experience in various roles of increasing responsibility
- Working knowledge of industrial & commercial construction and related technologies are a necessity
- Working knowledge of pharma manufacturing, facility operations, architectural methods, and GxP procedures are a necessity
- Experience with drawing management techniques required for Architectural, Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical HVAC & Process/Piping/Plumbing disciplines
- Experience with enterprise-wide systems and technology integrations between EDMS, BIM, GIS and IWMS and/or CAFM platforms:
- CAD Administrator experience in AutoCAD and MicroStation environments including configuration, interoperability, and translations between
- System Administration experience with CAD platforms tools and in-depth understanding of data management methodologies
- Significant experience and advanced skills using MS Office tools including Excel and Access working with data and for presentations
- Experience with program management, Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools, and Management of Change – certification not required
- Developed, targeted, and focused soft skills with capability and focus to drive consensus
- Strong communications skills are a must including verbal, written, and presentation