Stantec is seeking a talented, progressive, team-focused Senior CAD Designer to join our Transportation Team in Denver, CO focused on roadway/highway design and site design. This leadership position is an integral part of our engineering team in Colorado and on major highway projects throughout US West while focused on supporting all aspects of the Colorado Transportation group. You will push yourself and our engineers in developing creative project solutions, advancing local CAD capabilities and project delivery, while mentoring others in an evolving engineering and design industry. Our North American practice lead in digital technology for Infrastructure sits in our Denver office providing a great opportunity to bridge the gap between our advancing 3D based model design/simulation capabilities and engineering project and plan delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design of streets, roadways, highways, intersections, and interchanges to meet local, state and federal requirements.
- Creation of 3D base models of existing conditions and proposed design.
- Ability to assist the Engineer in the implementation of project scope, coordinating survey, Right of Way, and Easement Documents in support of the final roadway design package.
- Prepare construction drawings to include roadway, traffic, drainage, utilities, and final plans and specifications.
- Analyze complex problems, methods, procedures, and processes, and makes recommendations for alternative solutions.
- Assist in the day to day management and resource planning of the Colorado based CAD staff across multiple disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for evolving CAD standards, coordinate setup of projects including standards and sheet layout specific to key clients including both state departments and local agencies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency with design software potentially including MicroStation, InRoads, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, GEOPAK, and OpenRoads Designer.
- Familiarity with conceptual design software such as Infraworks or ConceptStation preferred.
- Ability to apply 3D modeling techniques and work in a 3D model-based project.
- Demonstrates broad comprehensive technical knowledge in several functions within computer aided design and the discipline.
- Demonstrates broad comprehensive technical knowledge in engineering fundamentals for design including roadway and drainage design.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners.
- Experience preparing final design plans and specifications.
- Good problem solving and technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education and Experience
- 12 years of related work experience in roadway/highway, intersection/interchange design or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- College degree preferred, B.S. or A.S., Engineering Technology, or related fields.