Kennedy/Jenks Consultants provides engineering and scientific solutions to municipal agencies, businesses, and industrialfacilities. With offices serving clients throughout the United States, we provide consulting services nationwide. Since our firm’s inception in 1919, we have focused on providing clients with exceptional personalized service, highly qualified professional staff, and technically advanced engineering solutions.
We are currently seeking a Senior CAD Designer to join our growing practice providing multi-discipline engineering and environmental solutions to clients in the water environment and industrial sectors. Position will be located in Oxnard, Pasadena, Irvine, Walnut Creek, San Francisco, Santa Rosa, or Santa Clara CA; Portland or Eugene OR; Denver CO; or Federal Way or Seattle WA.
What you’ll do: As part of our team, you will provide consulting services in the firm’s Water and Infrastructure Business Unit. Working with our multi discipline project teams, tasks will participate in design of water infrastructure work and other civil design for a variety of interesting clients.
What you’ll need:
- More than 10 years of experience with progressively increased responsibility
- Proficient (highest level of expertise in design/CAD) in at least one discipline
- Able to work directly with engineer and with minimal input to design the required component
- Leads larger, multiple and/or more complex projects with other engineering disciplines to identify conflicts in design and communicate with PMs
- Lead design efforts for municipal/private/federal projects including water and wastewater treatment plants, chemicalfacilities, pump stations, reservoirs, pipelines and rehab work
- Adequate understanding of code requirements and industry standards where applicable
- Communicate directly with external clients on design if and when needed
- Higher level of knowledge and understanding of engineering principles including:
- Mechanical and Controls Designers: Treatment processes, pipe materials
- Pipeline Civil Designers: Surfaces, pipe material behavior, gravity/pressure pipe networks for plan/profile development
- Site Civil Designers: Surfaces, site layout including underground utility systems, grading, volumetric calculations, roads and buildings
- Assist with QC and/or Constructability Review
- Assist with quantity take?offs and cost estimates as needed
- Able to provide input to develop project time lines, schedules and budgets
- Mentor all team members on workflow and best practices