Senior CA Clarity Application Specialist
8 - 10 years experience • Information Services
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5. The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- The Senior CA Clarity Application Specialist will provide Clarity application support to maximize current software technology and system functionality to enable the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to utilize the software in an efficient manner. This is includes providing project management and support services for the operations and maintenance of the Clarity tool for FAA Enterprise Program Manager Service (EPMS). This is inclusive of administration of the tool, suggesting possible ways in which FAA EPMS can better leverage the tool to perform Project/Portfolio Management and project financial management as well as providing end user support services and training to the users of Clarity.
Skills required include:
- Ability to develop, maintain and administer CA Clarity from both an application administration and user support perspective
- Review and analyze web servers and database servers logs and activities
- Recommend and take corrective action on systems configuration issues
- Develops application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for managed systems
- Recommend new software and support procurement process of the software
- Support configuration and maintenance of development environment, and application production database, application, and web servers
- Perform database administrator/manager functions to include code, test, and implementation and maintain databasearchitectures. Analyze and resolve database system production problems and execute database utility requirements.
- Monitor databases using Standard Oracle Toolsets as well as standard monitoring and reporting tools. Perform database analysis and database tuning as required.
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, databasesecurity, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintain database performance; implement new releases; conduct regular maintenance requirements; evaluate computer operating systems and hardware products for optimum database performance
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Experience with the development of customized training materials and experience with delivering training to a diverse user community
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.
- 8 or more years of experience in Database Administration
- Strong knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server suite
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Experience in testing web applications
- Experience with Planning, Design, Implementation, and support of large web based applications
- Good understanding of multi-tier and high-transaction web/internet applications
- Experience with Enterprise Monitoring tools, Change Management and Incident Management
- Highly organized, energetic, creative, passionate, works well with others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Certification and Accreditation (C&A) preferred
Nice to Have: (Skills nice to see on the resume, but notrequired)
- MSDegree or higher
- CMMI and ISO working knowledge
- Federal systems experience
- Agile and ITIL experience/certification
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume. OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.