Align Technology is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the digital dental and orthodontics’ practice. Align Technology is looking for a Sr. 3D C++ Software Engineer for our San Jose, CA office. This exciting role would be part of a culture to improve lives every day through digital dentistry, and help deliver clear aligners (Invisalign®) our customers.
Job Description: Align Technology is looking for a resourceful and result-driven Senior 3D C++ Software Engineer to join the Product Innovation Group. A team of passionate engineers dedicated to transform the orthodontic world through the Invisalign ® product.
- You will be a part of the Biomechanical Software team, a team of C++ developers based at our Headquarters Office in San Jose CA.
- We are part the larger Product Innovation team, a cross-functional group also including expertise in mechanical engineering, clinical and material sciences.
- Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop the next generation of:
- Treatment Modeling 3D software used to create thousands of orthodontic treatments, and design 100,000+ unique aligners shipped every day.
- Internal software and advanced geometric tools to support early-phase, innovative cross-functional research projects to advance the Invisalign® product.
- As a C++ Software Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Collaborate in requirement discussions, propose and implement solutions.
- Be fully engaged at every step of the software development life cycle.
- Follow quality and regulatory guidelines for medical device software development.
- Follow best practices, produce high quality, testable and reusable code. Share your expertise, help your colleagues and learn from others as well.
- Be on a constant mission to maintain and improve the quality of our software, including our large legacy code base.
- As a member of the team, you will leverage the ScrumAgile process, take part in sprint planning, daily stand-up, retrospective and demonstration activities.
- The team works under Windows with MS Visual Studio, use Git and Atlassian tools for version control, bug tracking and development planning.
- 8 + years of professional software development in C++
- In depth knowledge of the C++ language (C++ 11 and/or 14 preferred)
- Advanced degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent
- 3D Software knowledge