We have an exciting opportunity available in our GL lines of business. This position supports profitability improvement and profitable growth initiatives for GL line of business. This person will act as a subject matter expert and advisor relative to Insurance Services Office (ISO), Selective proprietary and American Association of Insurance Services (AAIS). They will work independently and with a group to provide project management on new product development as well as enhancements to existing products and filings related to bureau circulars. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements conducive to the standard market.
Level (or grade) of position will be based on candidates experience
- Maintains a single point of responsibility for Insurance Services Office (ISO), Selective proprietary and American Association of Insurance Services (AAIS) rates, rules and forms supported by the Business Analyst – Line of Business personnel’s expertise. Maintains inventory, and is accountable for governance of, existing rates, rules and forms as well as future enhancements and managing filing preparation.
- Ensures a consistent business process and tools for product development as respects Selective proprietary rates, rules and forms and decisions relative to ISO and, AAIS. Conducts research and analysis relative to the development of new products and enhancements to existing products, sometimes working in partnership with corporate underwriting, including competitor reviews. Participates in training as required.
- Reacts to Line of Business decisions (adopt /delay/ non-adopt) on ISO and AAIS circulars relative to Selective proprietary products including creation and submission of necessary state filings transmittals. Collaborates with the Business Analyst, Line of Business regarding requirements.
- Independently responsible for project management comprising new product development as well as enhancements to existing products. Monitoring and progress of results.
- Prioritizes product development projects with input of core stakeholders. Cross-functional collaboration includes: Business Services Unit [BSU]; Legal; Compliance; State Filings; Actuary; Claims; corporate underwriting; Line of Business (LOB); Field Underwriting; Safety Management. May attend Commercial Lines Projects meetings.
- Analyzes existing manuscript endorsements and determine acceptability based on clarity, accuracy, and compliance with each state’s regulations. Develops alternative solutions using filed forms, or provide alternative language that is compliant, clear, and concise. Tracks usage in accordance with established controls.
- Creates and provides educational materials and training programs for new products or enhancements for agents and regional personnel with corporate underwriting to ensure thorough understanding of products and services.
- Independently assesses the competitive landscape in order to identify underwriting, pricing, coverage and product penetration opportunities to recommend for enhancement of our profitability.
- Provides exceptional customer service to agents, regional personnel, Line of Business analysts, corporate underwriting, State Filings, Compliance, Legal and other stakeholders as identified.
7- 10 years Underwriting experience.
The following experience is preferred:
5+ years specific business segment experience;
5+ years Field Underwriting; and/or
5+ years agency experience.
Strong technical underwriting knowledge
Strong working knowledge of ISO and AAIS
Management Liability or professional experience a plus
Prior Claims experience a plus
Ability to learn underwriting systems
Ability to research independently
Ability to analyze coverage and develop solutions
Ability to create draft forms, communicate needs and collaborate with core stakeholders to complete
Ability to manage a project independently
Pro-active; driven; takes initiative
Job ID 5671