Bloomberg's financial data sets underpin the world's financial systems and we're the ones responsible for delivering it to hundreds of thousands of clients in real-time. As a C++ developer in our group, you'll work on mission-critical, scalable, distributed, high-performance distribution software that provides financial data delivery to over 300,000 Bloomberg desktop customers and thousands of servers around the globe.
We know you're up for the challenge to help us scale this rapidly growing business.
As a member of our agile team, we'll trust you to:
- Familiarize yourself with our codebase and documentation.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve code and documentation.
- Design high-performance C++ solutions to improve the performance, scalability and stability of our distribution system
- Implement, test, and release your code and see the effect of your improvement on thousands of servers
- Participate in recruitment activities to grow our diverse team of talented engineers.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years' experience developing multithreaded C++ code
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP and multicast, and experience with network programming
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience working on real-time middleware systems including routing, caching, and fan-out
- Experience working with distributing large volumes of data with low latency requirements