Are you a dynamic and experienced a Senior Software Engineer interested in an opportunity to work in the greater Los Angeles area? Then join our team and contribute to programs that save lives and enable the freedoms we enjoy. Every day at Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
Our dynamic and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted, superior solutions to make the world a safer place.
We are looking for a proven and progressive leader to join our Software Engineering Center team in El Segundo, California, a suburb of Los Angeles.
The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable Senior Software engineer to lead and develop embedded software for radar modes. The ideal candidate will employ SAS software development processes.
• Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
• Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
• Work effectively and contribute significantly during all phases of the software development life-cycle
• Develop radar mode in types of software in C/C++ and/or Ada
• Show excellent investigation and troubleshooting skills to assess issues and develop resolutions to them
• Work proactively to complete tasks with some oversight direction
• Communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers
• Significantly contribute to program and customer meetings and reviews
- Minimum of 4+ years' experience developing software utilizing C and C++
- Software Development on Windows using Visual Studio
- Software Development on Linux using Make and GCC
- Experience with sensor systems
Experience with Software Architecture, Signal processing or Data processing
- Experience with developing and integrating software for advanced Air-to-Surface or Air-to-Air radar modes
Experience developing embedded software for radar applications
- Hardware / software integration experience
- Experience in every phase of the software development life-cycle
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Processes
- Active DoD Secret plus ability to obtain a SAP clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Embedded Software development
- Experience with Continuous Integration methodologies
- Experience with Matlab
- Scripting expertise on Linux
- Experience performing static and dynamic analysis
- Multithreading SW Development
- Understands Agile SW Development
- Experience with Continuous Integration and associated tools
- Familiarity with Boost
Required Education :
B.S. or B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science or related STEM degree from accredited university.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.