The Company: Nanometrics provides market-leading high-performance process control metrology and inspection systems used in the fabrication of semiconductors, high-brightness LEDs, data storage devices and solar photovoltaics. We are committed to teamwork and continuous improvement that allows us to outperform our competition with technology leadership and profitable growth.
Nanometrics’ automated and integrated systems address numerous process control applications, including critical dimension and film thickness measurement, device topography, defect inspection, overlay registration, and analysis of various other film properties such as optical, electrical and material characteristics. The company’s process control solutions are deployed throughout the fabrication process, from front-end-of-line substrate manufacturing to high-volume production of semiconductors and other devices, to advanced wafer-scale packaging applications.
Nanometrics’ systems enable device manufacturers to improve yields, increase productivity and lower their manufacturing costs. Nanometrics has an extensive installed base of more than 6,500 systems in over 150 production factories worldwide. Our major customers and original equipment manufacturer partners include the largest semiconductor and process equipment manufacturers in the world.
Nanometrics was incorporated in 1975, publicly traded since 1984 and is listed on NASDAQ (NANO).
Position Summary: We are currently seeking a Buyer/Planner that will be responsible for ensuring that suppliers meet the targets for quality, delivery, and total cost of acquisition of the products and services Nanometrics requires. The position requires the ability to address multiple objectives in a fast-paced technology-driven environment to support both production and development activities. Gathers quotations, analyzes bids and makes awards. Determines materials requirements from engineering and production schedules, and maintains inventory at planned level. Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ensure material requirements for production, engineering and service are effectively established and deliveries of parts and kit releases are on time to meet manufacturing launches and shipments. Ensure that inventory levels are optimized and forecasted levels are achieved.
- Ensure material shortages are tracked for a six-week build schedule and that actions are tracked, and contingency plans (and cut-ins) are established
- Effective execution of work orders and the movement of materials through production and shipping. Ensure the timely closure of production jobs and the issuance of variance reports – and the timely disposition of discrepant materials.
- Secure and sustain the supply of parts that meet our quality, delivery, lead time and cost requirements. Ensure the supply base is issuing their respective scorecard monthly, and have action plans to achieve the target levels of performance.
- Execute and manage the adherence to the terms and conditions of the supplier contracts, statements of work, and service agreements. Negotiate improvements in cost, lead times and payment terms.
- Ensure the timely execution of placing new orders and rescheduling existing orders per MRP and the timely resolution of issues. Also ensure the open order report with suppliers is current, that ECO cut-ins are on time, and invoice reconciliations and balances are current.
- Act as the liaison with the suppliers and Nanometrics organization (R&D, Quality, and Mfg. Engineering) on supplier deliveries for New Product Introductions, supplier or parts qualifications, and the coordination of ECO implementation and material disposition.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Production/Operations Management, or other related degrees, or a minimum of 8 years or more of related experience.
- Full understanding of Material Requirements Planning and general ERP systems
- Familiarity with Oracle Bill of Material, Production Planning, Procurement, and interfacing Modules preferred.
- Ability to read and understand ERP reports, purchase requisitions, RFQs, and Supplier contracts
- APICS (CPIM, CSCM), CPM or APP certification a plus
- Program or project management a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with using spreadsheets and work-related software to the fullest capabilities
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with an awareness of deadlines and responsiveness
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization