At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best.
Senior Buyer Indirect Materials & Services
- Facilitate the procurement of indirect industrial materials and corporate services (e.g. abrasives, cutting tools, chemicals, energy, IT, industrial gasses, MRO, office supplies, contingent labor, travel, facility management and other professional services, etc.).
- Responsible for all commercial activities with suppliers such as negotiating proposals and obtaining product and/or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Collaborate with internal customers to develop business requirements and improve processes.
- Issue RFX's, Master Agreements, Statements of Work, and blanket, contract or spot buy purchase orders.
- Process material and service requisitions in a timely manner to prevent downtime and ensure un-interrupted supply.
- Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Develop and execute supplier and commodity strategies to support plant procurement and manufacturing operations.
- Manage contract database.
- Responsible for supplier selection, sourcing documentation and recommendations to senior management.
- Responsible for the maintenance of procurement records in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable materials or service levels with users, suppliers and others to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Resolve payment issues.
- Support corporate diversity sourcing objectives.
- Validate and verify conformity to specifications of materials and services.
- Travel may be required to supplier facilities and plant manufacturing locations.
- Knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures
- Knowledge of indirect commodities and services
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to interpret and negotiate contracts
- Knowledge of ERP systems, e.g. Oracle
- Research skills
- Strategic sourcing
- Financial analysis
- Bachelor degree required; Supply Chain Management preferred, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of procurement experience; automotive industry experience preferred.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.