The Senior Buyer for Housewares, Gadgets, and Kitchen Electrics will be responsible for developing merchandise strategies to maximize sales & profit and grow market share by selecting items and/or product lines that are customer focused and unique. The Senior Buyer will contribute to product and marketing presentation to support Tuesday Morning’s strategic and financial goals.
- Develops a competitive merchandise assortment plan and monitors and adjusts sales plan by staying abreast of market trends and competition
- Partner closely with vendors and negotiate all facets of product purchase, terms, price, quantities, etc
- Evaluate suppliers for new and existing products, including but not limited to quality, pricing, shipping time, customer demand and return on investment
- Integrates marketing, store operations, and supply chain functions into the merchandising process to make sound business decisions
- Conduct research and business analysis regarding market/consumer trends, demographics, merchandise sales levels, competitor performance, etc.
- Attend trade shows, markets, and vendor facilities to research trends and products
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years retail buying experience that must include Housewares/Appliances category buying, with off-price retailexperience highly preferred
- Ability to build strong business partnerships both internally and externally and demonstrate adaptability and flexibility as business strategies change
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making, analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong sense of style and ability to carry out a strategic vision
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Travelrequired to domestic and international locations.
We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits to include 401(k), best-in-class products, and more! Both innovative and high-performing, our stores provide you with unlimited possibilities to start your career. Be a part of the Tuesday Morning growth!