General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer to work within our Purchasing team, located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interprets and develops purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable government regulations.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes.
- Review and analysis of statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Leads cost and pricing reviews with program management and customers.
- Identifies, develops and selects qualified suppliers and evaluates supplier reliability.
- Follows up, expedites, and negotiates changes relative to delivery and supplier performance.
- Ensures competitive and sole source procurements meet contract/subcontract objectives/directives, timetables and documentation requirements.
- Conducts major procurement negotiations.
- Reviews, interprets, and makes recommendations regarding negotiated terms and conditions.
- Reviews and analyzes suppliers' bids and performs cost and/or price analysis.
- Identifies purchasing issues and provides leadership in developing innovation solutions.
- Represents the organization as a primary purchasing consultant on assigned contracts/subcontracts to internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Makes presentations to internal and external representatives as required.
- Provides guidance and leadership to less experienced professional purchasing and support staff.
- Participate in the selection, development, and training of purchasing staff.
- Validates purchase requisitions, selects or recommends suppliers, develops and solicits bids, analyzes and evaluates responses, negotiates prices and other terms, monitors delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Acts as a resource for available or potential suppliers and reviews and evaluates their operations to validate cost, quality, reliability, and ability to meet schedule and program requirements.
- Interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure that purchasing activities achieve desired objectives and timetables.
- Performs others duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or related discipline along with six or more years of progressive professional purchasing experience. Equivalent professional purchasing experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a comprehensive and thorough understanding of purchasing theories, concepts and principles.
- Experience with FAR and related governmental rules and regulations; and experience demonstrating a broad application of those theories, concepts, principles and regulations.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings and communicate new concepts to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; (4) the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; (5) the ability to lead less experienced professional employees on projects; and, (6) excellent computer skills.
- SAP experience is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Travel as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.