$80K — $100K *
The Senior Buyer is responsible for sourcing aircraft systems and components, manages vendor contracts, negotiates contracts, develops contractual provisions, solicits and reviews bids, and develops alternate sources while maintaining and controlling product costs and insuring quality improvement.
In your role, you will:
• Reports and interfaces with middle and senior management, engineering design groups, and other departments within the Learjet organization and is accountable to their commitments and status reporting.
• Performs as lead negotiator, develops RFP's, solicits bids, manages supplies contracts, arranges for yearly/bulk contractual provisions, and oversees the contract work of subordinate members of the Procurement Department.
• Leads the interfaces with Flight Test and other departments on certification efforts for their components and the aircraft system’s certification.
• Coordinates with Marketing and Aftermarket Customer Service on product improvement and design changes enhance their respective commodity and to improve the marketability of the Aircraft.
• Provides timely placement of purchase orders relative to requisition requirements to insure a continuous flow of purchased materials to meet the production schedule.
• Insures that the vendors meet on-time deliveries with quality equipment, provide competitive pricing and are a qualified and approved source.
• Responds to the vendors production and delivery problems with the proper interdepartmental assistance of Engineering, Methods, Work and Material Planning, Shipping/Receiving, Stores and Quality Assurance.
• Monitors shortage reporting to provide vendor expediting interface for critical purchased material requirements.
• Provides and continuously updates purchasing lead times for material management, insuring adequate vendor response to production schedules and reschedules.
• Functions as a Senior Buyer with program management responsibility, leads, trains, motivates, arranges work loads, and provides guidance of subordinate employees in the Procurement Department.
• Manages contracts; takes prompt action when vendor commitments are not in line with the production requirements, insures that vendors meet the conditions of contract.
• Uses objective performance data for vendor ratings, and takes prompt action when vendors commitments are not in line with the production requirements.
• Assess supplier capability or capacity and monitors supplier performance at the supplier’s facilities. Performs problem resolution and follow-up activities including supplier audits/surveillance, identification, investigation, analysis and resolution of discrepancies.
• Provides timely management of non-conformance reports to improve overall quality and provides data for corrective action and the reduction of rejections.
• Reports and documents all cost saving and cost avoidance activities and reviews with management significant cost escalations.
• Reviews and resolves all invoices that deviate from the acknowledged contract's purchase order price or in lieu of confirmed agreements.
• Perform any staff work or cost/price analysis that may be required.
• Observes company rules and regulations, including housekeeping and proper use of safety methods and the safe operation of equipment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate,
• You have a B.S./B.A. in Purchasing, Business, Marketing or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• You have a minimum of seven (7) years experience working in all phases of procurement.
• You have a minimum of five (5) years experience as a Buyer - preferred.
• You have a current CPM certification - preferred.
• You have the ability to solve complex problem solving issues from start to finish.
• You have basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments and organizations.
Valid through: 11/27/2020