U.S. Bank is seeking a talented senior level Business System Analyst that combines a unique role of a traditional BA but also, a strong technical understanding of systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web applications/services and legacy systems. This person will be responsible for understanding and assessing the impact of business changes and needs; analyzing and capturing requirements; building, configuring and implementing applications; and monitoring the build of the solution to ensure it meets the requirements. They will interact with product owners, key business stakeholders, vendors, and internal integration and development teams to ensure proposed processes and systems meet desired needs.
About the team:
You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. You will be called to apply your talents and creative energy as we invest our hearts and minds to power human potential. The Content and Workflow Services (CWS) group provides enterprise applications and services for storing, retrieving, and managing content/documents—making up a critical technology competency across the entire bank. You will be part of the Scrum team that is experienced in building applications and systems that support Consumer Lending Services at U.S. Bank.
• Elicit, capture and maintain business system requirements and assist application development team with functional architecture and solution.
• Partner and work with other business divisions, technology and application development teams to design or select solutions that appropriately meet the business needs.
• Communicate with product owner and stakeholders using data process models to clarify and validate requirements. Deliver artifacts such as functional requirements documents, user stories, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, infrastructure diagrams and screen designs through wireframing.
• Oversee or participate in implementation, coordinating UAT and support initiation of the system to validate performance and ensure all business requirements and their integrity are maintained.
• Address issues and questions related to intended functionality of the system, as well as support the business in implementing the required changes to make effective use of the new system. Often the first point of contact for user support and problem solving.
• Build and configure applications on platforms that require no extensive coding effort.
• Manage routine projects and support Product Owner with respect to project status and roadmap creation and maintenance.
• Schedule and facilitate Scrum ceremonies, meetings, perform system demonstrations, and document user feedback to ensure rapid adoption of new tools and processes.
• Review, validate and may coordinate execution of functional and performance test plans for proper functionality coverage.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both.
• 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience.
• 3+ years of project management experience.
• Strong analytical and technical skills required with in depth knowledge of SDLC and thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Strong communication skills, ability to run and lead problem solving and brainstorming meetings, user prioritization forums and senior management engagements.
• Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in Waterfall or Agile development projects, preferably Agile SCRUM methodology.
• IBM FileNet and Datacap working knowledge.
• Knowledge of ALM and defect tracking tools.
• Advanced Microsoft Office, Visio and Project skills.