Senior Business Systems Analyst
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
The Sr. Specialist will work directly with the business unit, butreport to and be part of the broader ESS organization. Theassociate will beresponsiblefor day to day relationship management as well as for providing oversight and direction to one or more ESS business systems analysts working in the business unit to which he or she is assigned.
The individual will work closely with business unit partners to help promote more widespread and consistent use of the Financial Systems Architecture, including financialreporting, data visualization and other end user productivity tools. The associate will collaborate with peers within the Business Unit IT Support team as well as other areas within ESS.
We are seeking an associate with strong technical skills, as well as solid business analysis and relationship management capabilities. The individual should have experience managing others or managing small to mid-size engagements, as well as managing relationships with business partners at various levels of an organization. The associate needs to be a self-motivated and energetic individual who can meet the challenges of a fast-paced environment. The associate should be comfortable with change and working with partners at various levels.
- Developing knowledge of local business processes and recommending technology-driven process improvements
- Collaborating with business unit partners to identify and prioritize reporting, analysis and data visualization needs
- Managing the design, documentation, development and deployment of reporting and end user computing solutions.
- Partnering with technical subject matter experts to determine and document optimal designs
- Working across business units and across the BU IT Support function to promote consistency and share solutions across the enterprise
- Collaborating with business unit and ESS associates on the execution of larger projects identified within the business unit
- Facilitating change and innovation to legacy systems and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Math, Computer Science/Information Technology or MIS
- 5-7 years of experience working in financial systems, financialreporting or similar area
- Responsibility for managing others as well as for managing business partner relationships
- Experience working with OLAP reporting tools such as Essbase, Cognos, etc.
- Strong experience developing advanced content and dashboards in business intelligence (Oracle BI or similar) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft PowerBI)
- Knowledge of various SDLC and process methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Knowledge of big data technologies and processes at a functional level is a plus (e.g., Hadoop, MongoDB, Cloud, Apache Frameworks)
- Strong desire to innovate and advance internal technologies and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and Excel) is required
- Working knowledge of SQL and VBA
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines
- Highly motivated to make impactful improvements for our business partners
- Some limited travel between Prudential locations in Hartford and Newark may be required.