If you're a boundary-less leader, passionate about operational excellence, and looking for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take a product from pilot to General Availability, building a $5B business, this is the role for you. Our organization is chartered to win the Partner segment by enabling globally available end-to-end payments platform. Scaling our integration to all verticals of Partner segments is achieved through simple integration paradigm, easy onboarding process, and many features. As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of talented individuals and will be responsible for the quality of our product constituting to the availability, reliability and scalability both in system and support for our product suite. You will advocate and act as a subject matter expert for our new product suite, interfacing with professional services and external partners to take our product from build to live-to-site to actual consumers and sellers. Your engineers possess a breadth and depth of knowledge about PayPal for Partners product that allow them to write software with appropriate operability and reliability. They have expertise on writing framework to ease the automation of our product suite for other engineers.
- Lead a team of software engineers working on our new product to successful General Availability.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Define and track key operational metrics for overall production performance, quality, reliability, scalability and availability.
- Drive process, technology and operational improvements to constantly improve key operational metrics.
- Lead by example, care for your team and establish credibility with the quality of your and your team's technical execution.
- Define processes and manage on-call rotations across continents.
- Responsibility for your roadmap and release planning to meet business and operational metrics.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key dependent partners
- Grow your direct reports to achieve their career goals through coaching, feedback loop, and high engagement.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in software development of applications and/or services
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience in managing global team and vendors is a plus
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audience
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to break down complex problems
- Experience in operational excellence role, center around quality and continuous improvement of the products.
- Have a customer focus mindset, take ownership to drive things to completion.
- Available for 24/7 support