Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders theconfidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to manage and support data maintenance, configuration, reporting and analytics activities for the Finance organization at PayPal. The person we are seeking must be self-motivated and have proven experience influencing and communicating effectively across all levels of thecompany, from individual business users to executive management. He or she should have proven ability tobuild relationships/partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive time sensitive deliverables, issues tracking and reporting.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for executing and managing the following:
- Manage all internal Bank Analyzer needs
- Develop and execute to the Bank Analyzer roadmap
- Maintain and manage the Bank Analyzer portfolio
- Ensure all documents are maintained and updated timely
- Support production defect resolution
- Define user stories for new product development and enhancement requests
- Evaluate solutions to ensure end to end alignment
- Support special projects and initiatives: special projects vary from strategic initiatives to day to day operations. Support needs will vary by project and will require strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Bridge business users and the technology organizations. Lead collaborations and discussions among cross-functional teams for effective solution-building or issue-resolution.
- Starting with business questions, leverage strong analytical skills, critical thinking capabilities, and in-depth understanding of our data to collaborate with business users and engineers, brainstorm and strategize the “right” solution, initiate and document the requirements and associated functional specifications.
- Design, maintain and update PayPal’s Bank Analyzer financial system strategy.
- Understand impact various projects and products have on the financial application and associated requirements.
- Understand, manage and maintain: product development, inbound interface impacts, outbound interface maintenance and development as well as transformations of source data into the Bank Analyzer environments.
- Create detailed product requirements, working closely with product development and project teams, managing implementation and user acceptance testing, provide post-launch support, and adhere to key business metrics post-launch and sound project methodologies.
- Review and resolve production defect issues for business users
- 5+ years of SAP and analytics experience in payment industry, financial services and/or management consulting firms
- Experience with SAP
- 2+ years SMART AFI configuration experience
- Experience working with SDI (Smart Data Integration)
- Excellent knowledge of SDL and RDL modeling
- Strong Finance/Accounting background
- Advanced Microsoft excel, SQL and Business Objects skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and client service oriented attitude and mind-set.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation skills)
- Proven ability to function well independently as well as in a team
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to completion and deliver quality materials under tight deadlines
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, toempower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business withdignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want tobreak down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.