Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 25 days ago
Solves complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Gathers and writes requirements and design specifications for complex, business critical systems.
• Responsible for requirements planning and assessing level of effort.
• Assists in efforts to define interaction of data with other systems/databases at PPD or client companies.
• Works with developers, QA testers, validation team members and managers to create and analyze required project documentation.
• Provides guidance to junior staff in executing Business Systems Analyst responsibilities.
• Assists in time and resource estimates of requirements and design initiatives.
• May manage projects of moderate scope.
• Stays abreast with the latest developments in related technologies; shares knowledge with team members.
• Trains on new technologies and tools that are related to job duties.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years' experience working in a software development environment, of which at least 4 years must be directly involved in managing small to medium requirement gathering initiatives) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong understanding of system development life cycle and requirements methodology
• Strong understanding of requirement gathering methodologies, for example waterfall, Agile, Spiral, JAD sessions, as well as best practices
• Ability to write use cases
• Strong understanding of different requirement types such as Business, User, Functional, and non-Functional
• Ability to write design specifications for complex systems
• Advanced MS Office skills
• Ability to estimate level of effort
• Ability to mentor junior level Business System Analyst team members
• Strong business skills including the following: documentation, presentation, interpersonal, and communication
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Ability to interact with relational databases at an advanced level
Working Conditions and Environment:
• Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
• Occasional drives to site locations with occasional travel both domestic and international.
• Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
• Frequent mobility required.
• Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
• Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
• Regular and consistent attendance.