Senior Business Systems Analyst - Marketing Automation Platforms
JOB TITLE: Senior Business Systems Analyst – Marketing Automation Platforms
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
The Senior Business Systems Analyst – Marketing Automation Platforms is a member of the Sales & Marketing Systems team in IT, responsible for the ongoing analysis, administration, configuration, development and deployment of the Marketing Automation Platform used across CooperVision.
The position serves two key area; First, as the IT liaison for our Marketing Teams globally in support of our Marketing Automation platform. Working closely with Regional Power Users, this position will work to identify and analyze business needs to design, build and implement changes to support the Marketing teams. Second, this position involves hands on technical administration and configurations of features, functions as appropriate, along with specific tasks ranging from, but not limited to user and profile setup/maintenance, data maintenance, environment and configuration support, system/code development, report development and testing, etc. This includes working with external vendors to understand the core Marketing Automation Platform and the interactions with the core CRM platform (Salesforce.com) and integrations between other integrated platforms. This position will serve as a key advocate for the broader use and adoption of these systems.
This position will primarily support Marketing on a global basis, and will also be involved in how those interactions impacts Sales, Customer Services, Sales Operations and others who utilize the Sales and Marketing platforms.
Marketing Platforms Systems Administration (40%)
- Act as the single point of contact for questions from the tier 1support and user group.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues and user reported problems.
- Maintain system security, including user accounts, passwords and access.
- Ensure all changes comply with CooperVision’s Change Management Process.
- Responsible for collaborating withother teams related to data updates, including mass updates, deletes and extracts in addition to regular de-duping and data clean up.
- Take an active role in deployment of changes and code to the production environments.
- Manage the development and test environments in conjunction with the global team in support of projects and new initiatives.
- Collaborate with global peers to streamline the application, provide support and assist with other regions/markets as needed.
- Fully understand, support and administer the Marketing Automation Platform and related applications.
Marketing Platforms Requirements and Design (30%)
- Work with business counterparts to develop training plans, materials, and documentation for system users, keep materials up-to-date, and coordinate new user and on-going training sessions.
- In conjunction with BSA’s, develop reports, dashboards and other metrics for measuring user adoption rates and respond to business liaisons as needed (additional training sessions, communication, modifications, or other resources) to improve adoption.
- Participate in the implementation and support of additional marketing and sales related systems, including eMarketing automation, Showpad and other related applications to support Commercial Systems initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Salesforce.com, eMarketing and other application releases, technologies, applications, and integrations.
- Represent both the global vision of the platform along with the localized needs of countries and regions to insure the best solution.
- Work closely with business partners, business analysts, power users, Governance and Steering Committees to implement Marketing Automation Platform and related projects from inception through production support.
- Engage with Salesforce.com BSA’s in support of system changes that may impact the Marketing Automation Platform.
Marketing Platforms Development and Deployment (30%)
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Marketing Automation Platform releases, technologies, applications, and integrations.
- Manage standard and custom objects, templates, etc. to support Marketing requirements.
- Develop custom objects, workflows, code as needed to align with requirements Business teams.
- Assist with and deploy code packages, content and migrations related to Marketing Automation and other integrated platforms in support of business needs.
- Work with vendors and partners to assist with the development and implementation of system changes for CRM and other related platforms.
***NOTE***Percentages are only approximations and will vary depending upon current projects and business needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong technical knowledge including a good sense of how the Marketing Automation Platform can be utilized to improve business processes and business results
- Strong understand of Marketing Automation Platform Security, Configuration and Customization capabilities.
- Ability to write, review and deploy code/configurations in conjunction with industry best practices
- Ability to balance deep technical understand with business needs to support end users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment across functions (IT, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, SalesSupport)
- Time management, ability to multitask, and propensity to handle urgent interrupts with poise and professionalism
- Strong knowledge of data management, including solid understanding of data models, data capture, warehousing, segmentation, mining, storing, cleansing, and security
- Full understanding of SDLC and/or Agile development methodologies
- Solid understanding of best practices for administering cloud applications such as Salesforce.com, Eloqua, Marketo, etc.
- Good knowledge of reporting tools and platforms, including hands on experience developing reports and dashboards
- Hands-on Experience with eMarketing Platforms such as Eloqua, Marketo or Salesforce Marketing Cloud strongly preferred.
- Normal office environment/setting.
- Sedentary to light physical effort necessary to perform the job.
- Prolonged sitting in front of a computer.
- Some travel may be required
- Collaboration globally necessitates early morning or late evening meetings/conference calls
- Some overtime may be required
- Bachelor’s degree and Salesforce Administrator/Developer Certification preferred.
- 5+ years experience of developing and deploying Marketing Automation Platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of Marketing Automation Platform out-of-the-box functionality.
- Practical skills developing flows, templates, marketingcampaigns and integration with CRM platforms.
- Understanding of data integrations to/from external systems.
- Excellent project management, organizational and follow-through skill set
- Strong business acumen skills and skills appropriate for management level communication (oral & written)
- Must be capable of working with both speed and accuracy
- Collaboration and the ability to work effectively with internal/external customers globally, as well as senior management and the entire Marketing team are essential.