Intuit's Customer Success team within the Consumer Group is transforming the industry with a suite of high-touch professional services powered by data-driven, technology-lead operations and a distributed professional workforce.We are seeking an experienced and collaborative Sr. Business Systems Analyst to help define and drive implementing new tool capabilities and transform customer success into a world class, service-centric organization that is never satisfied losing a customer.
In this Sr. Business Systems Analyst role, you’ll partner with business owners and cross functional teams to launch intelligent inbound and outbound customer contact capabilities to enable experts to deliver targeted personalized service recovery and win-back programs using disruptive offers to retain and reacquire at-risk customers.
What you'll bring
- B.Sc./B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Math, Business or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in technical BSA or product management role
- Strong analytical skills and data driven mindset--ability to identify key metrics and use data insights to drive business priorities, identify opportunities, and implement solutions
- Strong technical aptitude required—software/services development experience a plus, along with integrating data across various platforms
- Ability to balance short and long term solutions and relentlessly prioritize the most critical work
- Skilled at creating compelling business cases and comfortable navigating large and complex organizations to influence and gain stakeholder buy-in
- Results-focused with an aptitude for handling multiple and changing priorities efficiently and effectively
- Deep customer empathy (internal/external) and curiosity
- Outstanding communication skills (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills-can effectively frame technical discussions to a non-technical audience with high impact
- Passion for excellence, highly self-motivated and has the desire to have a significant impact on the business