Senior Business Systems Analyst
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
• Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
• Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
• Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
• Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
• Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Ensures changes made by programmers are correct.
• Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
• Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts.
• Reports and reviews testing results.
• Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
• May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts.
• Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financialtechnology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
- Job ID #: JR28896