Leads the planning, development, testing and coordination of mid to large size information technology-related projects. Acts as primary intermediary to migrate new users to application(s); supports, troubleshoots and resolves user issues; and acts as a liaison between users and technical staff. Develops product, market/industry and financial analysis of product and business opportunities. Develops briefing materials and presentations for District and System management as needed. The level of work required is considered advanced and staff must be able to work under minimal supervision. This job does not have any direct reports, but may provide direction to others as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates with business unit, System and District groups on development of business and user needs assessments as well as development, maintenance, implementation and documentation of project/program strategic plans
- Develops accurate documentation for functional and non-functional requirements analysis, including use cases, user stories, story points, sequence diagrams and workflow diagrams. Develops custom training material and/or project work plans.
- Proven ability to develop test cases and scenarios and write/execute automated test scripts
- Develops test plans based on requirements and assists business area in user acceptance testing process as needed.
- Applies ability to understand the gaps between the current and future desired state and assists in the identification and development of solutions to close the gaps .
- Develops metrics to track performance to plans; performs analyses and projections of financial, performance, operational and statistical data and reports.
- Communicates and collaborates on process redesign requirements inherent with the implementation of new technologies; coordinates the design, development direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures.
- Reviews system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Ensures ongoing use of and adherence to Federal Reserve policies and practices including established project management methodologies and Technology Project Standards.
- Researches emerging technologies and technology trends maintaining an in-depth understanding of those technologies and integrates them into business operations as necessary.
- May provide input on training, supervision, goal development and guidance to staff; make hiring recommendations and evaluate and/or provide feedback regarding staff performance; provide work direction and check or approve others' work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience as noted below
- 5 to 7 plus years of direct work related experience
- Coursework in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems
- Masters/MBA degree or progress towards degree, desirable
- Experience in project management methodologies
- Experience performing specialized business analysis and process re-engineering utilizing process mapping and re-engineering methodologies and tools
- Experience with communicating at all levels, including, executives, technologists and business management
- Experience in business and technical requirements gathering and resulting documentation and modeling techniques