This position requires a professional committed to providing outstanding business systems analysis supporting Middle Office systems. The successful candidate will be a dedicated team-oriented individual with an excellent understanding of investment management industry and the related technology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Interface with Project Manager(s), other BSAs and developers, as well as with other technical teams, to identify, document and manage the business requirements/specifications for various projects, that could be cross functional and technically complex
- Responsible and accountable for the business requirements/specifications to be complete, correct, consistent, concise, achievable and to obtain sign off from the business owners
- Establish/maintain partnership with business users in order to determine optimal solutions and alternatives for various business and systems needs to ensure clients make informed decisions
- Provide expert guidance with hands-on help where required to solve complex and challenging business problems to the satisfaction of key stakeholders.
- Set stakeholder expectations appropriately. Share complex concepts with non- technical audiences.
- Collaborate with project team on issue management and help coordinate resolution
- Organize and participate in stakeholder meetings
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to project team members
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Help to ensure project deadlines are met
- Undertake project tasks as required
- Help ensure project adheres to JIRA framework and documentation is maintained appropriately
- Gather stakeholder feedback and document new requirements as user stories in JIRA
- Help to ensure stakeholder views/expectations are managed
- Facilitate meetings with the project team to review/refine JIRA backlog
- Help define the sprint schedule with project team
- Report on weekly targets, anticipated and existing blockages, progress towards project milestones
- Will function in an agile team environment and may be involved with planning and executing test cases
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 5 years experience as business/systems analyst or business consultant within the Investment Management or Brokerage industry.
- College/University graduate in Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience in business/systems analysis for portfolio management/back-office systems within the Investment Management industry
- Strong knowledge of investment and wealth management functions: portfolio management/administration, portfolio modeling, performance accounting/GIPS standards, performance reporting/attribution, back-office, order and trade management
- In-depth understanding of various investment products, market practices, securities operations, compliance and regulatory requirements, industry trends
- Ability to confidently and professionally deal with vendor and employees at a variety of levels
- Strong customer service orientation, leadership and decision-making skills
- Creative, adaptable, resilient, self-directed, innovative, results oriented
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and critical thinking skills