Candidate will possess strong communication skills needed to translate complex business requirements into technical design, implementation and deployment solutions. Qualified candidates will be well versed in all phases of the SDLC and are adept at playing multiple roles. Candidates should be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team. This individual contributor role is a dynamic and high-impact position designed to place you as one of the key liaisons between the Akamai Finance and Accounting business team and various functions of the IT Team (Developers, Analyst, DBA's, Managers). The successful candidate will be adept at applying skills in project management, business analysis, requirements gathering, functional testing, change management, and training to implement business processes and applications. As a Senior BSA, the candidate should have the experience and expertise to look at the end-to-end business process from a strategic perspective and provide advice on the functions within the applications. They should also be aware of the impact of their projects to other projects within the organization.
As a Sr. Business Systems Analyst II you will:
* Act as a senior liaison between Finance & Accounting and IT communities for all ERP system needs.
* Understand the impact of all projects across the organization to each other, keeping the customer as the central focus
* Look at the applications strategically and advise the users of ways to improve their processes
* Support and enhance the Software Development Life Cycle framework.
* Lead facilitated sessions with the business community to define and plan the deployment of application solutions.
* Facilitate cross-functional teams through business process and application initiatives from requirements definition to prototyping, testing, training, and deployment.
* Develop and review functional systems designs with business users to gain support and confirm requirements.
* Mentor business representatives through the software development lifecycle.
* Communicate project status and escalate issues to management.
* Develop and execute system test plans and scenarios.
* Prepare training materials for deployment of applications, modules, enhancements and bug fixes.
* Develop baseline datasets and reports to support business requirements.
* Implement Business and IT processes to ensure data integrity/accuracy.
* Conduct training classes as needed.
* Facilitate end user communications.
* Assist with application and reporting system support and operations.
* Execute on other directives as needed.
About the Team
The Finance and Corporate Management Systems team designs and develops the technology platform that underpins all financial and HR processes at Akamai. Our focus is to increase the efficiency and transparency of these areas of the business while maintaining enterprise class reliability through constant engagement with business leaders/users. Our ever-evolving technology stack consists of Oracle E-Business, Oracle Business Intelligence, Siebel CRM, Informatica, Hyperion Essbase, and custom software. The team consists of high-caliber software engineers, business systems analysts, project managers, and application administrators.
Required Education and Experience:
Applicants must meet at least one of the following experience and education experience:
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree or
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Masters degree or
* Equivalent professional experience
* 8+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst supporting a finance organization with an emphasis on project management.
* 8+ years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite including; Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Access and Project.
* 5+ years of experience with Oracle Applications; Oracle E-Business Suite version R12 - including CM, PO, AR, AP, GL and FA.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
* Ability to demonstrate complete understanding of general Accounting business processes.
* Ability to quickly and effectively troubleshoot problems.
* Ability to create a process map to articulate current or future statement solutions.
* Intermediate level knowledge of SQL on an Oracle Database environment.
* Strong project management and communication skills.
* Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to think strategically and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Proven track record delivering complex software solutions.