Position is on the research staff of LMI, a private, not for profit research institute located in Tysons, Virginia that specializes in government consulting within a broad spectrum of public policy management. LMI is a not-for-profit government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction
The Senior Business System Analyst will be responsible for assisting government agencies in implementing an effective enterprise architecture program for a newly award time and attendance system. The position requires at least 10 years of enterprise architectureexperience and a PMP certification.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing strategies aligning Information Technology (IT) to the organization.
- Advocating and supporting IT strategies.
- Identifying and analyzing the organization’s drivers to derive useful context for the enterprise.
- Providing Enterprise Architecture (EA) guidance, road maps, principles, standards and best practices.
- Analyzing the as-is architecture for deficiencies and recommending solutions for improvement.
- Developing as-is and to-be architectures at the enterprise, segment (line of business) and solution levels.
- Establishing and implementing integrated EA and IT portfolio management guidance based on industry best practices.
- Maturing the EA practice.
- Providing EA analysis and high-level data for investment decision making.
- Conducting quantitative and trend analysis of data.
- Optimizing enterprise-wide investment information through the integration of EA and governance.
- Extracting data from various EA and IT portfolio management tools (e.g., System Architect (SA), Troux, and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) eCPIC tools) and tailor for presentation to stakeholders at varying levels.
- Providing written and oral presentations/briefings to clients on results.
- Facilitating meetings.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- 10 years relevant work experiencerequired.
- Program Management Professional (PMP Certification) required.
- Certified Enterprise Architect preferred (e.g., FEAC, TOGAF, EACOE) .
- Demonstrated proficiency working in EA frameworks (e.g., Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) Federal Segment Architecture Methodology (FSAM), Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), or otherinternationally-recognized frameworks such as the NAF and UAF).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to pass background investigation.
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented and able to coordinate and work with a dynamic team and multiple stakeholders.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compose, write and edit a variety of general business correspondence, management reports, technical presentations, proposals and position papers.