Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking 2 talented Business Support Analysts; 1 Senior and 1 Lead for our Plano, TX or San Antonio, TX facility.
Responsible for the implementation of solutions for complex business problems. Serves as a team leader to other Analysts who are responsible for supporting key operational functions and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of overall business functions with in-depth knowledge of specific areas/functions and related activities.
- Provides expertise in development of business goals and objectives to exploit all distributionchannels, leverage use of data, and simplify processes.
- Serves as focal point for external agencies/service providers regarding daily operational activities or proposed strategic changes to the services being performed.
- Provides operational support on current processes and supports business operations and management in identifying opportunities and solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Organizes and defines parameters of assigned projects and assembles relevant data for said project(s).
- Validates information and interfaces with other departments to include presentations of documented findings, alternatives and recommended actions.
- Represents the business or staff agency as the subject matter expert on special projects and initiatives, as necessary.
- Participates in the planning, research, analysis, development, and implementation of new and modifications to existing applications and processes to provide new or improved capabilities, products, and/or services.
- Maintains broad system knowledge, stays current on all system enhancements, identifies training needs and implements plans.
- Assists with the documentation of new and revised departmental procedures.
- Gathers information, analyzes data and trends, identifies root causes, and develops workproducts.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Performs research, analysis, and resolution of account issues through the use of reports. Reviews, validates, and/or analyzes reports that function as a control to existing processes.
- Generates and/or develops regulatory and management reports. Develops and analyzes additional ad-hoc reports as needed by Management and or Regulatory Agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimumexperience
- Minimum Experience:
- 6 or more years’ experience as an Analyst or comparable role.
- Advanced knowledge in a wide variety of systems coordination, process/product review initiatives and the development of management information requirements for related business functions.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Advanced skills in SAS or Python to extract, structure and analyze data
- Expertise in Tableau and Business Objects to build complex reports or scorecards
- Succinctly delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding and influences various levels of management
- Understands data modelling in relational database
- Understands basic statistical modelling concepts and have exposure to machine learning data products
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Industry Certification/Designation and/or Master’s degree
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the workrequirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.