Summary: The Senior Business Solutions Analyst will apply their strategic, analytical, and development skills to major company challenges. The successful candidate will be working withinternal and external K2M members to develop solutions that impact the bottom line and will serve as the liaison between operations and business. With a broad knowledge of applications and the ability to master third party and commercial off the shelf systems (COTS), the Senior Business Solutions Analyst will provide strong customer service as well as technical expertise across the K2M organization. The Senior Business Solutions Analyst will be responsible for determining systems configuration, gathering requirements, performing configuration, set-up changes, and will work closely with users to provide training, answer questions, troubleshoot and assist in problem resolution. With their strong Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications knowledge they will also drive efficiencies through business process streamlining, adoption of new functionalities, tools, and will provide continuous improvements. The Senior Business Solutions Analyst will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders and will participate as a key member of the department, working with the Director of Business Integration and other IT team members to drive project execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Supports and leads technical solution work sessions working with key stakeholders
• Ensures business requirements are documented and functional/business consideration is identified for each solution
• Ensures business requirements are clearly understood, reviewed and confirmed with the customers before functional requirements are finalized - alternative approaches are evaluated in working with internal and external sources.
• Confirm functional requirements are documented and understood by all key stakeholders
• Provides innovative solutions with best practice standards and approach
• Creates functional specifications: Collects, understands and translates business requirements for technical team members, translates functional specifications, designs database and detailed test plans
• Works closely with stakeholders to understand requirements and gather all requirements to formulate business process specifications and translate those into application design, understanding the value proposition(s) and support solutions architecture
• Coordinates with technical staff to translate requirements, assists technical team in translating application functionality into application architecture.
• Communicates the business directives, goals and needs to the technical team and serves as a client interface for managing user expectations and client satisfaction
• Maintains and supports K2M’s Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) standards for requirements, design and test execution, tracks defects and ensures that business requirements and functional specifications are tested and fulfilled.
• Participates in and/or executes the multiple stages of testing (system, integration, installation, performance, regression)
• Leads projects and processes as required or assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
• Experience supporting major project efforts gathering requirements, integration and achieving high-quality results supporting business-critical ERP applications in an Oracle JD Edwards environment
• Experience in the planning, design and testing phases of the systems development life cycle (SDLC), specifically requirements analysis, business specification, development, enhancement, quality assurance, testing methodologies and implementation
• Must have strong technical and functional configuration knowledge of the following areas (Order to cash, inventory management, manufacturing, supply chain management, accounting and finance)
• Expert knowledge of purchasing, materials management, manufacturing, sales, distribution, and supply chain
• Experience with business intelligence report design and development
Must have proven customer relations skills, have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess advanced analytical skills, have excellent leadership skills, and be capable in prioritization and multi-tasking
• Experience and working knowledge of regulatory standards related to quality systems and systems validation
• Ability to work effectively with others in a complex, fast-paced organization
• Possess good oral and written communication skills
• Proven time management skills; ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
• Drive to consistently meet objectives and maintain focus
• Resourcefulness--ability to procure detailed data and information
• Proven service orientation with attention to detail and follow-up
• Leads projects and processes as required or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, business, or other related field.
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in ERP systems functionality, implementation, configuration and support; Oracle JD Edwards preferred.
• Knowledge implementing document management software, Canon Enterprise Imaging Platform preferred.
• Successful management consultant experience and APICS, Lean, Six Sigma, or relevant certification, preferred.
JD Edwards and ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft) required.
SQL, Business Objects/Cognos/MSReporting a plus, MSWindows/Office required.
Requisition Number: req493