Within a product or capability area, the Sr. Analyst Business Relationship defines the needs of the business stakeholder and recommends technology solutions that deliver value. The Sr. Analyst Business Relationship assesses incoming Information Technology demand and provides inputs and cost estimates to support project prioritization. The Sr. Analyst Business Relationship oversees the documentation and management of requirements across multiple projects, performing the tasks themselves or managing the work of one or more business analysts. The Sr. Analyst Business Relationship monitors system performance to ensure it is meeting agreed upon service levels and identifies solutions or alternatives when it is not. The Sr. Analyst Business Relationship regularly meets with the business stakeholder to review system performance and plan for upcoming demand.
- Plan and conduct requirement elicitation by applying techniques such as workshops or interviews and then document the requirements in an appropriate format. Analyze, synthesize, and refine elicitation results into requirements and designs. Ensure that requirements and designs specifications and models meet quality standards and are usable for the purpose they serve. Collaborate with other Global Information Systems functions (e.g. Information Security, Supplier Management, Operations) to ensure that Information Technology -specific requirements are incorporated into the solution. Define the solution approach and analyze potential solutions.
- Maintain requirements ensuring that requirements and designs are accurate and current throughout the lifecycle and facilitating reuse where appropriate. Leverage traceability to determine impact to other work products and sufficient coverage. Evaluate changing stakeholder requirements to determine if they need to be acted upon.
- Document "as is" or current state process, the "to be" or future state process, and then perform gap analysis to determine a solution approach and the scope. Participate in mapping business strategies and capabilities to Information Technology capabilities and develop technology roadmaps that plan the transition from current state to future state.
- Define performance measures of systems in service level agreements and collect monitoring and support ticket data to evaluate the effectiveness of a solution in relation to the value it brings. When necessary, identify alternatives and actions to improve solution performance and increase value realization.
- Meet with business owners of systems in the portfolio to understand how well the systems are supporting their capabilities. Assist in the prioritization of defect fixes and enhancements and then manage the request for change process. When necessary, escalate incidents and problems with the operations team to ensure prompt attention and resolution.
- Maintain application lifecycle plans informed by technology roadmaps to ensure the sustainability of solutions.
- Manage one or more Business Analysts across multiple projects, providing guidance and reviewing work quality.
- Participate in department continuous improvement initiatives and best practice areas.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- 5+ years of relevant technology and business process experience for the assigned area
- Intermediate knowledge of multiple lines of business or a deep understanding of a single line of business
- Experience working with multiple software packages, platforms, or technologies
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing other business analysts
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement processes and tools such as Kaizen, flow charts, cause and effect diagrams and pareto charts.
- Mastery of requirements analysis tools such as use cases, user stories, domain models, conceptual models, activity diagrams, and data flow diagrams
- Demonstrated experience with requirement elicitation techniques such as requirements workshops, brainstorming, interviews, benchmarking, observation, and prototyping
- Demonstrated experience applying project estimation techniques and contributing to business case development
- Experience collaborating with a service operations function to deliver agreed levels of services both to end-users and the customers
- PMI PBA or IIBA CBAP certification
- Experience in the Financial and Insurance marketplace, a plus
- Experience in working on integration projects with 3rd Party vendors, a plus