Squarespace is known for our award-winning design, innovative technology, memorable marketing campaigns, and the teams that power it all behind the scenes. Our Recruiting team's mission is simple: we find and hire the exceptional talent that will help us transform the future of online publishing.
We're looking for a Senior Business Recruiter who will partner with leaders across a diverse set of teams, including: Finance, Legal, Marketing, People, Customer Operations, Strategy, and Channels & Services. You will use your expertise of the market and your tenacity to source, evaluate, and close candidates; your poise and attention to detail will help guide them through an efficient and memorable hiring process. As a Recruiter, the future of Squarespace begins with you.
This role reports into our Business Recruiting Manager in our New York headquarters.
- Develop and execute hiring strategy for multiple hiring teams, averaging between 30-40 hires at the mid to senior level per year.
- Provide an efficient, high-touch experience for every candidate from application to offer, acting as candidate advocate, evaluating skill level, and driving the interview and offer processes, including reference checks.
- Build high-trust, advisory relationships with hiring managers and interviewers alike; facilitate interviewer training courses, req opening kick-offs, and candidate debriefs.
- Develop a deep understanding of Squarespace's culture, product, strategic direction, and competitors, and use this knowledge to craft compelling messaging to potential candidates.
- Proactively source candidates through a variety of methods (i.e., digital, social media, events), building a consistent pipeline of talent for high priority and hard-to-fill positions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategy, objectives, processes, culture, and skill needs of the hiring teams that you support; use this knowledge to co-author effective job descriptions, craft recruitment strategies, and communicate with candidates.
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure efficient preparation prior to and during the interview process.
- Recommend, negotiate, and close offers, selling Squarespace's compensation philosophy, culture, unique impact of their role, and what differentiates us from talent competitors.
- Serve as a Squarespace ambassador in all facets of your role, delivering a compelling view of our employer brand, as well as a uniquely memorable candidate experience.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders (i.e., HR Business Partners and hiring teams) to ensure alignment on the specifications of each role and the requirements of each interview process.
- Maintain clear and consistent records in our applicant tracking system. Utilize your attention to detail and process rigor to become a trusted partner to internal People team stakeholders to ensure reporting accuracy and a stellar new employee onboarding experience.
- 5+ years experience as an in-house recruiter in a high growth environment supporting a diverse set of client groups
- Experience with educating and selling candidates on equity compensation vehicles, including: RSUs and stock options
- Experience hiring for roles at the mid-career and senior level, including Director, VP, and C-level roles; a mix of technical and non-technical recruiting preferred
- Experience in hiring candidates with visa sponsorship requirements; solid understanding of visa sponsorship types and limitations
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening abilities and presentation skills; confidence speaking with people of varied experience levels and backgrounds
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Self-motivation and the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Tenacity, intellectual curiosity, and the drive for continuous improvement
- Positive attitude, adaptability, and the ability to navigate competing priorities