Tracking Code 18-066Job Description
ConnectiCare is a leading health plan in the state of Connecticut. ConnectiCare’s mission is to make it easy for members to get the care they need. A local company for over 35 years, ConnectiCare has a full range of products and services for businesses, municipalities, individuals and those who are Medicare-eligible. A subsidiary of EmblemHealth, ConnectiCare leads the individual and small group markets in the state, and is ranked among the top commercial health plans in the nation, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
We’re looking for individuals who want to make a difference in the communities we serve. If you want to join a local team and help change the way health care is delivered, ConnectiCare is the place for you.
Purpose: The Sr. Business Program Manager will lead large and complex projects, and programs (group of projects) to support Operating and Strategic Plan objectives while ensuring alignment across projects to achieve portfolio results. The manager is accountable to their project’s Executive Sponsor and the Strategy Realization Office (SRO) for ensuring their projects deliver on their objectives on time and within budget. Serve as the subject matter expert in Project Management working closely with the business and IT team to ensure projects are properly funded and staffed, have/maintain executive sponsorship, and key stakeholders are continuously engaged and are aware of their projects progress and critical issues. He/she works closely with ConnectiCare’ s executive management team to prioritize multiple complex projects based on the overall corporate strategy and resource capabilities of the organization.
- Assists Head of SRO with the development, coordination and administration of business initiatives in support of CCI strategic objectives.
- Assists Head of PMO in annual Project planning, ranking and prioritization.
- Oversees project plan build including project definition, scope, planning, scheduling, costing, risk assessment and tracking to effectively monitor the committed time, scope and budget of the project(s) / programs.
- Functions as primary liaison to the Executive Sponsors/SLT (Senior Leadership Team) in support of their attainment of project results, as well as business leaders and the external IT outsourced partner.
- Actively participate in project status meetings and, at times, project Steering Committees of mission critical projects.
- Lead a cross-functional team(s) in establishing and maintaining a project portfolio (PM standard methodology, inclusive of lifecycle, processes, templates and guides as applicable).
- Establishes and implements strategic project management policies, standards, procedures, methodologies, and necessary technologies.
- Provide active consultation and mentoring to the business leads and other project managers throughout the project lifecycle and monitor adherence to PM standards and methodology. Identify; provide direction, and/or remediate, when possible, any major project management risks that would affect expected performance of the portfolio.
- The Program Manager is given the authority on behalf of the Executive Sponsor and Strategy Realization Office (SRO) to manage multimillion dollar project/programs; they are accountable from an end to end perspective to escalate issues and risk and assess and recommend potential solutions accordingly.
- The incumbent must identify critical resource needs and negotiate with functional resource managers to secure allocation to the project and to ensure projects progress in accordance with agreed upon deliverables.
- They must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and be able to make data-driven decisions to guide the project through completion.
- The incumbent must be able to assemble, lead and motivate multiple cross-functional project teams simultaneously an ascertain priorities and risks.
- They must have excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills. Be able to negotiate and facilitate discussions at all levels of the organization.
- The Program Manager will frequently engage ConnectiCare personnel at all levels of organization and is responsible for overseeing multiple large initiatives while providing support to the Executive Sponsor ( typically a Senior Vice-President), Project Owner (typically a Director or Vice President), and Project Manager. Additionally, they will need to manage or oversee the relationships between the entire project team including external vendors and suppliers that are engaged with the project. At the end of the project they will facilitate a postmortem review and gathering of Lessons Learned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability and experience in managing multimillion dollar multiyear projects that include high-risk Information Technology (IT), as well as non-IT, projects with minimal supervision and at times be able to manage multiple concurrent large projects.
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills as well as the ability and experience for developing comprehensive, integrated project plans.
- Ability to assess, and develop risk mitigation strategy recommendations.
- Strong understanding of project related business case development and cost benefit analysis.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, excellent problem solving and negotiation capability, as well as strong interpersonal, leadership and team building ability.
- Ability to facilitate project meetings and joint planning sessions with both the Business areas and IT.
- High degree of working knowledge in:
Bachelors’ Degree, masters preferred. Minimum 10 years professional business experience, preferably in the Healthcare business. Minimum 5 years’ experience managing large and highly-complex Information Technology and/or Healthcare projects. PMI certification-Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, specifically MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and working knowledge of Visio.
- Healthcare operations, products and services, as well as familiarity and understanding of healthcare related issues.
- Project management principles, practices, techniques and tools in accordance with PMI (Project Management Institute) standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Primary sedentary
- Must be able to use standard office equipment