In this role, you will be responsible for defining and prioritizing customer features based on several vectors: customer feedback, partner feedback, business priority and engineering capacity. Your ability to balance day-to-day business requests while maintaining a high-level strategic perspective is critical in this role. Partnering across several engineering teams, you will own defining features, developing milestone dates and coordinating with post-launch teams to ensure a successful rollout. You are a functional expert and customer evangelist, providing a balanced voice around the overall Microsoft Store e-commerce opportunity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Plug into existing bi-annual planning and engineering cycles to prioritize strategic projects.
- Balance long term strategic needs with run of business improvements to drive the planning group’s KPIs.
- Develop documentation to support each owned initiative lifecycle, including requirements gathering, roadmaps and go to market.
- Own stakeholder feedback loops and reporting to bring a highly matrixed organization along for the ride.
- Work closely with data teams to verify and validate business assumptions to better define engineering priorities.
- Be the voice of the customer in all meetings, challenging assumptions with data and maintaining a long-term vision for Microsoft Store.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in product planning, product management or program management.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a product lifecycle by working across multiple stakeholders.
- Proven track record of delivering results and earning trust in a matrix environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Engineering project management tool – Azure DevOps (VSO) is a plus
- Previous e-commerce experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher