Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for managing the implementation and support of software applications for the RTG (Renal Therapies Group) including the documentation of existing business processes and requirements, recommendation of best practice functionality, translation of business requirements to system based functionality, and planning and executing projects from inception to implementation. Projects will include the planning and execution of system configuration, drafting business and technical specifications, and managing internal and external technical resources (consultants and other business partners). Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommending enhancements to current business practices to effectively integrate business processes within SAP and other software system environments.
- Recommending, defining and managing the creation of policies and procedures that comply with financial practices, FDA and GMP standards including: Manufacturing, Materials Management, Distribution, Finance, Quality Management, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service.
- Providing leadership role with the development, architecture and strategic direction of the various SAP environments.
- Installation of new SAP systems and instances to meet expanding business requirements including translating requirements to hardware requirements and developing a time-line for the installation of hardware and software, and configuring the system.
- Planning and managing upgrades and maintenance to the SAP systems and its environment, so that the SAP systems are near at current maintenance level, and supported by SAP.
- Working closely with otherSAP and Infrastructure team members to optimize performance and troubleshoot problems and developing, maintaining and documenting SAP operating procedures including backup and recovery of the SAP system, system error detection procedures, database reorganization, and SAP background job scheduling.
- Supporting the installation and maintenance of new SAP front-end installations (SAPGUI).
- Acting as a liaison between the business and Corporate Information Systems (CIS) and other external business partners to manage the coordination of configuration, development of business process, enhancements, and stabilization of business systems.
- Ensuring compliance with FDA, GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, ISO, GMP and other relevant regulatory bodies in the execution of software projects and related business processes.
- Managing the stabilization of each implementation project including; planning, organizing, and resolving issues and overseeing post implementation support.
- Identifying “best business practices” to meet the goals and objectives of the business.
- Managing task schedules, issuing status reports and developing system reports to manage and measure the business processes.
- Validating and documenting configuration, enhancements, and development.
- Establishing, negotiating, and implementing third Party IT Agreements for outsourced Infrastructure and Applications Support, along with vendor management.
Please Note, this position is a project management position and does not involve the management of a team of direct reports.
Education and Required Skills:
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in Engineering or Management Information Systems and five (5) years of experience as an SAP Basis Administrator, three (3) of which involved project management. Must also have had the following experience:
- SAP system configuration, ABAP programming, application development, and systems implementation.
- Supporting software applications for a business unit including development of business processes, planning, execution of configuration and management of the project through implementation.
- Working on large-scale implementations within one of the following businesses units: manufacturing, materials management, finance, quality management, sales and marketing or distribution.
- Identifying and aligning appropriate SAP & IT functional and technical skills and resources necessary to meet strategic goals and business objectives, within prescribed timelines and budget parameters.
Position requires strong communication and presentation skills and expectation management and training skills.
Job ID 18000EZG