The Senior Business Process Analyst develops and delivers capability solutions based on defined business value and objectives. It is the Senior Business Process Analyst who helps refine the features in partnership with the Release Train Core Team and translates them into business user stories for the technology delivery teams to consume.
In this position you will work with Enterprise Process Directors, Technology Partners and a cross-functional delivery team to build, enhance and manage one or more of Cox Automotive’s capabilities and services using Agile software methodologies. The Senior Enterprise Process Analyst will partner across the delivery teams to prioritize the completion of user stories and ensure that development efforts fulfill the business value and key performance indicators established for the capability.
Additionally, you will be the Subject Matter Expert for their process domain, capabilities and services and provides guidance as necessary to others about their application. For certain development efforts it may be necessary to coordinate with other Senior Enterprise Process Analysts to deliver on a vision that crosses multiple Release Trains.
This role requires the practice of both Business Process Management (BPM) and Agile methodologies, technical knowledge of assigned applications and excellent communication and collaboration skills. Senior Enterprise Process Analysts must work closely with others across the business both inside and outside of the Technology organization and must be able to clearly communicate with individuals and groups having varying levels of expertise in BPM. The successful candidate must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They must be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities, make appropriate business process decisions quickly and be co-located with their team to ensure accessibility by the team.
- Work at the technology delivery level while generating bold and innovative ideas for achieving mission and vision
- Ownership of business requirements and backlog prioritization, collaborate with others to craft solutions/documentation and represent business needs in project delivery
- Drive capability solutions including buy vs. build analysis; contribute towards vendor selection, vendor relationships, and vendor solutions
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand capability requirements and work with the team to determine viable development strategies, deliverables, and release dates
- Monitor capabilities, tools and services in order to drive the business aspects of demand, team member and clients’ user experience, return-on-investment (ROI), and satisfaction of original (business & technical) requirements
- Partner with Release Train Core Team members and key stakeholders to create business roadmaps that ensure direction and productivity over time
- Communicate risks and issues and their impacts as it pertains to the capability roadmap and defined priorities
- Be a champion for overall application/capability health. Including SLAs, response times, and tool upgrade roadmaps
- Experience in operational effectiveness, process redesign/reengineering in an environment highly recognized for driving continuous improvement
- Experience managing business requirements, technology development, and technical specifications
- Proven work experience as a technical “influencer”, developing solutions with impact and delivering results that solve business problems
- Expertise in the gathering, analysis, & reporting of process-related metrics using process metrics methods & tools
- Applies business design skills across commercial (e.g. sales & marketing) and support functions (e.g. finance, HR & operations)
- Good listener with outstanding interpersonal qualities and a natural, effective consultative style
- Ability to work in a collaborative problem-solving environment and synthesize strategy, plans, and solutions.
- Strong business awareness and acumen
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills with the ability to communicate across stakeholder groups
- Discerns when to solve problems independently and when it is necessary to involve others, constantly focusing on taking the best possible business direction.
- Develops new insights into situations and applies creative and innovative solutions to make organizational improvements and satisfy desired results.
- Makes timely and effective decisions and produces results through effort generated by strategic and tactical planning and the effective implementation of projects, capabilities, programs and scalable processes.
- Self-directed problem solver with a demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize
- Ability to work directly with customers to understand how they use the provided capabilities
- Knowledgeable of industry-leading BPM methodologies and/or frameworks (PEMM, PDQC, BPMN, ADKAR, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and process mapping and modeling tools (e.g., Visio, LucidChart, etc.)
- 5+ years Business Process Management experience
- 3+ years of successful IT delivery experience
- Experience in project management methodologies, PMI Certification
- 3+ years Lean and Six Sigma experience with focus on risk identification, metrics,governance, and benefits realization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (Business Management, Product Management, Information Systems or Engineering)
- Strong experience in Agile/ Scrum process