Senior Business Operations Manager
Senior Business Operations Manager
PAE is currently seeking a Senior Business Operations Manager at our Arlington, VA location. The Senior Business Operations Manager will:
• Manage and direct the Business Operations organization, supporting program areas with $100M+ in annual revenue.
• Be responsible for managing a team of business finance, planning, and accounting staff, ensuring contractual compliance, cost management, budget development and analyses, financial estimating, and proposal support.
• Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• Have high visibility as it supports a very large complex international effort.
• Have Financial/Program Control responsibilities in support of programs in areas of budgeting/reporting, sales, overhead, strong proposal pricing and long range planning.
• Be responsible for the budgeting, reporting, forecasting program cost, Subcontract/IWTA establishment, financial analysis and reporting, forecasting orders, sales, EBIT, controllable overhead, financial charts in support of Program Management Reviews, generation/fact-finding/updating/negotiations of proposals, funding requirement analysis, and monthly estimates to compete.
• Ensure responsiveness to Program, Customer, and Corporate Needs.
• Utilize creative and innovative resource planning solutions to ensure that corporate, customer and program deliverables are being met in a timely and accurate manner.
• Coordinate with Program Management prior to submitting responses to Corporate and Customers.
• Ensure clear, prepared and effective communications to Program/Corporate Leadership.
• Involve PAE Leadership and management and in Key Business Operations issues.
• Communicate those issues clearly and decisively, and with prepared solutions.
• Determine the nature and extent of procedures to be performed by each member of the group and provide oral/written guidance to ensure that they efficiently complete the procedures identified.
• Analyze internal controls in order to understand and document these controls while seeking to improve the flow of information through the re-engineering of existing processes currently utilized by Financial Accounting.
• Identify areas of improvement in financial accounting applications and operational procedures and effectively communicate these value-added solutions both orally and in writing to senior department personnel.
• Complete or delegate actions to execute process improvements.
• Have overall responsibility for the Monthly/Quarterly/AnnualInternal and External Financial Statements.
• Review financial statements, propose adjustments, and suggest solutions to ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements are fairly stated and delivered to Management in a timely manner.
• Prepare certain analyses of Financial Statements and Program Data for Management and review such analyses prepared by other members of the Financial Accounting Staff.
• Direct development and maintenance of operational specifications for financial information systems.
• Respond to Internal and External Inquiries for Financial Data.
• Act as main interface with external and internal auditors related to the Financial Statements.
• Experience working with DOD, DOS, and NATO customers is highly desired.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance (or related disciplines) from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Requires 5+ years of effective management experience in a related area.
• 10+ years of experience in multiple areas, including Finance, Accounting or Business Operations is required.
• Must have experience driving the review and analysis of the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and plans, and developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these plans.
• Requires experience representing the Company to customers.
• Strong English communication, both oral and written is required.
• Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and technical documentation.
• Requires strong knowledge of budgets, estimates at complete and projections.
• Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and propose solutions is required.
• Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Requires knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership, service delivery methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services is required. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities, schedules and budgets.
• Must have cross-cultural sensitivity and international perspective.
• Requires excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint is required.