Role / Title
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer will play a key role on most impactful projects in the company. This person will work on end-to-end BI projects to support Multiple business teams such as Sales, Finance and Logistics. This role will be an individual contributor and will not have people management responsibilities. This role reports to the Head of Business Intelligence.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partner with internal stakeholders across multiple teams, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions
- Partner with Data Engineering and Software Development Engineers to prioritize and define data and BI development needs
- Work with business partners in different teams to identify new BI capabilities and projects
- Conduct deep dive investigations business problems, identify opportunities, and lead or support implementation (role varies by opportunity).
- Analyze and visualize large scale data to present the findings and opportunities, and output solid analysis report with recommendations.
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical fields.
- 3+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis within a large-scale company or fast-paced environment
- Strong in SQL or other programming languages
- Advanced experience in developing Tableau dashboards or other visualization tools
- Experience in any scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience working with Azure and other cloud technologies (Data Factory, Data Bricks and Snowflakes etc.)
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Experience in partnering with business owners to understand requirements and develop supporting analysis to solve business problems.
- Experience communicating the results of analysis with business and leadership teams to influence the strategy of business
- 5+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis in CPGG, tech or consulting companies.
- MBA or other Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in statistical modeling. Advanced knowledge of statics assumptions and can interpret statistical analysis into business language
- Experience in migrating on-prem ETL jobs to cloud.
- Experience in SAP eco-system (ECC, BW, HANA etc.).