If you want to be part of changing healthcare to better serve patients, you are in the right place. Vituity brings together a committed team of clinicians and business professionals to care for patients with acute medical conditions, making a big difference in the lives of our 6.5 million patients nationwide. If you want to work with a diverse group of people who are tackling some of the healthcare industry's most challenging situations from the inside, look no further. As a Vitan, you'll work with health systems and providers nationwide to develop and implement innovative solutions. With nearly 50 years leading change, you'll join a team of individuals dedicated to our culture of caring.
The Impact You'll Make
In this role, the Senior Business Intelligence Engineer gathers requirements from stakeholders and work with the operational and IT&S teams to design and implement solutions. This individual will understand the value of working with program partners and can communicate effectively across all channels of the organization. In addition, the Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer is someone who can break down tasks, organize and prioritize their work while also being an innovative leader to the entire BI team.
Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Critically interpret and evaluate user requests to design business intelligence solutions for multiple clients in a complex business environment.
- Architect, design, develop, test, and deploy code for complex business intelligence, visualization, analytic and database technology projects.
- Lead and perform complex data mining and deep analysis of data sets to provide recommendations and solutions based on business requirements.
- Serve as subject matter expert for business intelligence, best practices and content delivery via business intelligence dashboards, visualizations and reporting systems.
- Integrate data from disparate systems and applications for purposes of analysis and reporting.
- Work closely with data engineers to integrate new data sets into the data warehouse and analytical applications.
- Work closely with BI tool administrators or operate as BI tool administrator to stand up BI tools, including regular patching and upgrades.
- Guide and make recommendations and propose solutions for improving processes in reporting systems.
What You Will BringWe'd love to hear from candidates with:
Required Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Statistics or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience with BI solutions (Tableau preferred, Power BI or Microstrategy)
- 7+ years of experience writing SQL queries and performance tuning of BI queries.
- 5+ years of experience in data architecture and design.
- 5+ years of experience in ETL tools and development with programming/scripting languages (SSIS, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in BI development working with Snowflake data warehouse.
Preferred Talent Assets:
- Experience with healthcare nomenclature and hospital quality measures.
- Experience presenting technical solutions to business and technical audience.
- Proficient with agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with statistical and predictive analytics tools (Stata, R, SAS, SPSS, etc.).
- Prior leadership experience.