We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
This position is responsible for maintaining the agile data and applications environment utilized by the Business Intelligence team to generate reports, insights and analytics that drive a high performing firm. This is a critical leadership role on the BI team, needed to support the Sterling Insights Data Ecosystem (Data Lake) and Sterling Insights Qlik Sense Dashboards. In addition, this role will help lead the technical transformation of the operating environment into the cloud.
Working closely with the Director of the team, this position will partner with colleagues from Data Management and Systems Architecture to ensure efficient and timely database updates and ensure uptime for the environment. This is a new and upgraded role, which will team up with the other Senior Business Intelligence Developer to meet the changing and increasing needs of the Business Intelligence team.
This role will support the enablement of innovative and efficient dashboards (apps) by several hundred colleagues including field sales force (financial centers and teams). In addition, this role will help to enable the Qlik Developer community to successfully leverage the underlying data ecosystem for line of business-driven solutions, including Corporate Bank, Consumer Bank, Marketing, Finance, Treasury, Risk, etc. Instrumental in supporting regular and urgent information and insights needs for C-Suite, up to and including CEO.
- Build and Maintain the Business Intelligence Data Ecosystem, accountable for ensuring uptime, data availability, appropriateness and accuracy of underlying datasets that drive the Sterling Insights solution. Collaborate with Data Management team to ensure smooth flow of data from centralized sources, such as Fiserv’s Informent data warehouse. Work with Data Management and other teams to gather and maintain non-centralized data sources such as online and mobile banking data along with client demographics, industry firmographics and wallet estimates.
- Accountable for server performance and availability of the Sterling Insights portal. Technical lead to guide transition to the Cloud, through a combination of various vendors and approaches.
- Develop and deploy Qlik Sense dashboards within the Sterling Insights portal. Deliver agile insights solutions developed collaboratively with colleagues and internal clients, often with a short turnaround time.
- Continuously evaluate and advocate for opportunities to streamline internal processes and gain efficiencies through improving throughput and utilization of firm-based technology and information assets.
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the team and cross functionally with other analytics-centered teams within the bank.
- Champion excellence and continue to challenge the status quo of the BI team.
- Develop and implement appropriate controls and quality assurance procedures
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- 10+ years as an analyst, database administrator or developer within an analytics or reporting function preferably in a financial services firm
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Successful track record in participating in complex, cross-functional teams. Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects with tight deadlines and aggressive goals.
- Experience creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions required.
- Demonstrated ability to champion change, influence and drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to convert a business problem into an analytics problem then an analytics solution which leads to a business solution.
- Developer experience with Qlik Sense or QlikView a plus. Working knowledge of database structures, reporting software packages, SQL scripting and more. Experience with Salesforce and Tableau also desired. (expanded)
- Understanding and proven effectiveness of deployed data visualization techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with all levels of sponsors, clients, highest level executives, and staff.
- Expert time management and facilitation skills.
- Travel may be required.