$80K — $100K *
Reporting to IT Data Services and PMO Manager, analyzes, provides specifications for, and designs and writes reports based on an in-depth knowledge of operational system usage. Assesses reporting needs and develops solutions using advanced reporting tools to promote data-driven decision making to achieve organizational goals.
1. Collaborates with application coordinators/analysts and report consumers to understand and identify their advanced reporting needs. Utilizes developer and technical skills, understanding of various applications and inter-dependencies, and an in-depth knowledge of operational processes to design and write specifications for new reports distributing Clarity reports to report consumers using Epic Crystal integration.
2. Analyzes and evaluates vendor provided reports to meet initial critical reporting needs. Collaborates with end users and Application Report Leads to understand system build and data structures, workflows, patterns of use, and report specification requirements. Applies knowledge of report writing tools to revise existing model reports and provide required data most efficiently and effectively.
3. Assesses reporting needs and implements advanced reporting tools including SAP Business Intelligence and Tableau to meet customer needs. Designs self-service reporting solutions and empowers customers to leverage data to make informed decision. Builds relationships with key stakeholders to develop advanced reporting solutions to achieve organizational goals. Effectively leverages third-party report writing tools to create new reports for Epic data using tools such as Crystal to display Clarity data.
4. In the event of an upgrade or system revision, reviews documentation related to feature/functionality changes and determines how to incorporate and implement changes to meet reporting needs with minimal disruption to report consumers. Reviews upgrade documentation related to Clarity features and released Crystal reporting content, and determines how to implement the changes.
5. Tests report build in a specified testing environment, and volume testing in live environments.
6. Adheres to all Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies and procedures.
1. The level of knowledge usually obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field, Healthcare related field or the equivalent work experience.
2. A minimum of five years relevant experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
3. An in-depth understanding of finance or clinical business operations preferred.
4. Experience in software deployment, relevant supported applications and working in a medical setting preferred.
5. Previous experience with needs assessments or consulting preferred.
6. Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts is required.
7. Previous experience in report design and development utilizing Crystal Reports, Business Objects, and Tableau is preferred.
8. Prior experience working with financial or clinical reporting is preferred.
9. Must complete all assigned Epic training sessions and complete Epic certification within 6 weeks of training completion. Failure to certify successfully will disqualify candidate from the Epic team.
10. Strong communication, critical thinking and analytical skills.
11. The ability to maintain an advanced level of professionalism in reporting confidential data.
12. The written and verbal skills necessary to communicate and document detailed reports in an effective, clear and concise manner.
13. Strong organizational skills necessary to work independently, set priorities, complete multiple tasks simultaneously and meet report and project deadlines in a fast paced environment.
14. Strong problem solving skills with the ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in assignment.
15. The analytical skills necessary to determine the accuracy of data and to effectively summarize information.
16. The ability to engage customers and implement advanced reporting tools to meet organizational goals.
17. Advanced computer skills necessary to utilize multiple computer systems and complex database and graphics software applications.
18. The ability to learn and utilize various software applications critical to the functioning of the department.
19. Ability to work a varied schedule, on-call hours, and be prepared to work long hours as needed
1. May require occasional lifting or moving lightweight material, or rarely lifting or moving average weight material. Requires walking to other patient care or support areas.
2. Flow of work and character of duties involves normal visual and mental attention along with manual coordination all of the time.
1. Good working conditions. Occasionally at least one disagreeable element or hazard may be present on a limited basis.
Valid through: 7/1/2021